Elantra Sport Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Dump exhaust, intercooler res delete, and intake already bring the car to 200WHP. :)

I have the 2.0 GDI throttle body, and it's a nice responsiveness upgrade. Intake, downpipe, and a tune will almost certainly put you at 225+ WHP.
What's the OE part number on that throttle body?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I believe another vendor has already pushed the ES to 330whp with a bigger turbo kit. And yes we are already in discussion to get a clutch pack upgrade for this car.
How about a lighter flywheel?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Given that the throttle body usage is controlled more by the ECU than it is our foot (since it's TBW), is there any solid proof that a larger one improves responsiveness?

·
Super Moderator
1,202 Posts
Given that the throttle body usage is controlled more by the ECU than it is our foot (since it's TBW), is there any solid proof that a larger one improves responsiveness?
Yup. Did the mod myself on my VT as did hundreds of other people. The granularity of response from the pedal is definitely improved and there is almost no throttle lag.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Is it possible to make it so the TCS is OFF all of the time with no light, then pushing the button turns it ON along with the light? So opposite of how it works now?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Has anyone here had experience with a BTR tune in the past? They have a tuning event near me in Chicago on the 16th. $550 for tune $80 for dyno, $350 for spare ECU. With my mods they said I should see around 220whp, 300wtq. I probably won't do it this year because I still need catch cans, cold plugs and fuel line upgrade. I also wan't the downpipe on before I tune.

·
Super Moderator
1,202 Posts
DCT or m/t? I've heard they had some serious issues with DCT tunes is why I ask. No personal experience though, so take that with a grain of salt. Not recommending against them as they have plenty of satisfied customers, but do some legwork.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Nice, I'd still like to wait I don't have $2,000 to get all the parts right now. So I'll be patient and see what else comes out. It's nice know that there's a place close by though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Has anyone here had experience with a BTR tune in the past? They have a tuning event near me in Chicago on the 16th. $550 for tune $80 for dyno, $350 for spare ECU. With my mods they said I should see around 220whp, 300wtq. I probably won't do it this year because I still need catch cans, cold plugs and fuel line upgrade. I also wan't the downpipe on before I tune.
You personnaly want to upgrade your fuel lines before get your tune or BTR highly recommend you to upgrade you fuel lines to run their tune?

·
Super Moderator
1,202 Posts
You personnaly want to upgrade your fuel lines before get your tune or BTR highly recommend you to upgrade you fuel lines to run their tune?
I know this was a thing for the Velosters as there was an issue with the fuel line kinking where it passes through the firewall and starving the engine of fuel under hard acceleration. I don't know that the ES suffers this same issue, but with all the hesitation issues that we're hearing about, it may.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
BTR recommends that you get the fuel lines. Only $150. But with all other mods I want or need to install before a tune its going to cost me around $2300. I better start saving my penny's!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Please make certain that it won't blow up our engines. I owned a New 2006 Porsche Cayman, and after breaking in installed a chip that may have contributed to catastrophic early engine failure.

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,202 Posts
I would also like to know and the process behind this? Was it plug and play?
They're *mostly* plug and play. The only difficult is that this aftermarket TB doesn't not have the vacuum attachment on top for the EVAP line. You have to either tap it and install a hose barb or get a throttle body spacer that you can attach a barb to, like this one:

https://xenonelement.net/b/plenum/3tbs.html

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport manual
4 Posts
Does anyone have information on how to get our ES tuned?

basically, you pay $1500 for a new ecu with your vin. Then pay another $1500 to get it tuned by a shop.

if your on a budget just get a RaceChip. That’s pretty much your only options.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
basically, you pay $1500 for a new ecu with your vin. Then pay another $1500 to get it tuned by a shop.

if your on a budget just get a RaceChip. That’s pretty much your only options.
This information is not accurate at all.

Full ECU tune on a spare ECU is usually around $1k.

There are other piggybacks out there that are far better than a RaceChip.

And the word "budget" should never be mentioned when talking about tuning if you value the life of your engine.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts