Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the 5th, as I was returning home, upon exiting a tunnel, I looked at my gauges and noticed that the 'engine overheating' warning was displayed. I pulled over; popped the hood; noticed an empty coolant reservoir tank. I limped to the nearest auto parts store; replenished the tank; drove home. I took it to a Hyundai service center, and it was discovered that the coolant hard lines were leaking. Cost of repair: $1037 ($121-153 for the part). I'm happy that I let the finance manager talk me into purchasing a "Motorist Assurance Plan", I only had to pay a $100 deductible. This warranty picks up when your 5yr/60000 mile basic warranty expires; it covers a lot of stuff. I've already recovered half of what the warranty cost, and I have a bunch more miles to reach 100K.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I would have just spent the money on the lines (I can get them cheaper than that, and they'd arrive within 2 days straight from S Korea) and done it myself. But I'm sure not everyone likes digging into their cars as much as I do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have just spent the money on the lines (I can get them cheaper than that, and they'd arrive within 2 days straight from S Korea) and done it myself. But I'm sure not everyone likes digging into their cars as much as I do.
I was out only 100 bucks, the rest was warranty covered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts