Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Ever since I installed the SXTH element short ram intake around 9 months ago I have noticed that my turbo sounds like a rattlesnake while spooling up. I never thought anything of it besides thinking that it sounds a bit funny. Is it normal? Not even sure if it's the turbo but it makes the sound when i'm getting in on the gas. I have the 2017 with the DCT. Maybe something loose in the engine bay? No clue. I'll link a video I took and timestamp it.

You can hear it at this time stamp. If it doesn't time stamp it, it's at 7:13

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey guys. Ever since I installed the SXTH element short ram intake around 9 months ago I have noticed that my turbo sounds like a rattlesnake while spooling up. I never thought anything of it besides thinking that it sounds a bit funny. Is it normal? Not even sure if it's the turbo but it makes the sound when i'm getting in on the gas. I have the 2017 with the DCT. Maybe something loose in the engine bay? No clue. I'll link a video I took and timestamp it.

You can hear it at this time stamp. If it doesn't time stamp it, it's at 7:13

Not sure if your tuned or not, but it's the turbo working to hard to push the additional air that's coming in from the intake. From my conversations with Mark, it's really I'll advised to be that deep into the pedal in the lower rpm range. Try downshifting... These turbos are extremely small...lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts