Elantra Sport Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Semi unrelated, but any idea what a stock Elantra sport could do on the Nurburgring? Or any other track times to compare?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Semi unrelated, but any idea what a stock Elantra sport could do on the Nurburgring? Or any other track times to compare?
They were not sold in Germany so wouldn't be easy to find out.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Just added a few things to my list in the first post. And realizing now that I need to stop linking images from other places because they tend to disappear.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Pre-turbo swap dyno run to confirm that the stock turbo is on it's way out. Tuned for 21+ psi and it's only hitting ~18.

And the turbo that will be replacing it shortly. 1st generation Veloster K03 turbo, 11 blade center section with upgraded bearings. Should be able to tune it for ~21psi on 91 Octane and make at least 250whp. I'll also be tuning it for E30, hoping for a 10-15hp bump from that. Should have it in within the next few weeks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pre-turbo swap dyno run to confirm that the stock turbo is on it's way out. Tuned for 21+ psi and it's only hitting ~18.

And the turbo that will be replacing it shortly. 1st generation Veloster K03 turbo, 11 blade center section with upgraded bearings. Should be able to tune it for ~21psi on 91 Octane and make at least 250whp. I'll also be tuning it for E30, hoping for a 10-15hp bump from that. Should have it in within the next few weeks.

View attachment 17962
Nice! Still mad that the 2020 wasn’t available in manual by the time I got mine. But glad I got this body style since I still don’t love the 2021

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I'm assuming you have another car in the garage, will your car down that long for all the upgrades?
I have a '21 Nissan Sentra SR company lease car. It won't be down for long, someone else is doing the work and it'll only take them a few hours.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a '21 Nissan Sentra SR company lease car. It won't be down for long, someone else is doing the work and it'll only take them a few hours.
How does that drive? Its way improved over the last one, except there's no manual and of course, no SR Turbo or NISMO models anymore.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
How does that drive? Its way improved over the last one, except there's no manual and of course, no SR Turbo or NISMO models anymore.
Drives great, I actually prefer the steering feel in the Sentra over the ES...

Well, great aside from needing more power. It's funny to me that the Sentra for the most part (aside from the Spec-V trim) has never had over 150hp lol. My 2000 SE that I loved so much had 145 and this new one is 149. I'm pushing them to throw a different engine in it, hoping I can make some headway. The new Rogue will get a new 1.5L turbo 3-cylinder good for ~200hp for 2022 and it would be amazing in the Sentra if they can make it happen...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Brake upgrades finished. I wasn't one to complain about the factory brakes, so even a small bump in performance is good enough for me.
  • '01-05 Hyundai XG350 dual piston front calipers
  • '14-15 Kia Optima Turbo front rotors (R1 Concepts GEOMET Slotted)
  • G2 Caliper Paint
  • Motul RBF600 Fluid

·
Registered
121 Posts
Brake upgrades finished. I wasn't one to complain about the factory brakes, so even a small bump in performance is good enough for me.
  • '01-05 Hyundai XG350 dual piston front calipers
  • '14-15 Kia Optima Turbo front rotors (R1 Concepts GEOMET Slotted)
  • G2 Caliper Paint
  • Motul RBF600 Fluid
View attachment 17993

View attachment 17994

View attachment 17995
Looks really good man, I was totally dead set on the CTSV big brake kit and now im not 100 percent sure. You've got me thinking. So no modifications needed to make this work, clearance issues, finagling, or rigging lol? And probably half the cost too am i right?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Looks really good man, I was totally dead set on the CTSV big brake kit and now im not 100 percent sure. You've got me thinking. So no modifications needed to make this work, clearance issues, finagling, or rigging lol? And probably half the cost too am i right?
Calipers are around $50 each from Rock Auto. Pads and rotors I got deals on so not sure sharing a price is accurate for most. All in it cost me around $500. Pad fitment is weird, the center of the pads hang off the edge of the rotor 1-2mm but others that have done the swap don't seem to think that's an issue. I hear the CTS-V setup is the same.

·
Registered
121 Posts
(y)
Calipers are around $50 each from Rock Auto. Pads and rotors I got deals on so not sure sharing a price is accurate for most. All in it cost me around $500. Pad fitment is weird, the center of the pads hang off the edge of the rotor 1-2mm but others that have done the swap don't seem to think that's an issue. I hear the CTS-V setup is the same.
Good to know and thanks for the info.. I think as they aren't necessary right now for me with a little over 15k miles ill just hold off for now. And I agree that if they are just a smidge to big for the rotor I don't believe that will matter to much. Good job on your color selection. Like the contrast on the Grey

21 - 35 of 35 Posts