Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at some take-off wheels for winter from 2017 Tuscon--they come with TPMS. I assume they use the same TPMS across the board--can anyone verify?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm interested in doing the same thing but can't verify the TPMS will work. Looking at Rock Auto, the sensors are different for the ES and and the Tuscon, but I believe they both operate on the 433 MHz band so there's a chance they'd work.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The TPMS sesnors were NOT recognized. Dealer wants $75 to make them work. From what I also have read, the car can only store 4 sensors at a time, meaning this procedure needs to be done every fall and every spring--unless you live with a "!" light.

Is this true?

If so--I'm pretty friggen pissed.

EDIT--the Tuscon sensors operate at a different frequency than the ES sensors (433MHz vs 315MHz)...so they won't work. At all. The dealer never said this when I spoke with the service writer...so this is not "common knowledge".

·
Registered
188 Posts
It wasn't discussed here, but on Facebook it was determined that the issue was with the sensors. They're the wrong frequency as Erik stated. If you install Elantra tire pressure sensors (that have the right frequency) the car will recognize them and you will not need to stop by the dealership. I confirmed this myself with the installation of my snow setup which consists of take-off rims from a 2017 Elantra SE with the tire pressure sensors that came on those wheels. The car recognized them within a few miles and started providing readouts.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Will the Elantra tire pressure sensors fit in the Tucson rims?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes--they are similar...but not the same.
Just ordered them off e-bay, $40.

Glad I haven't mounted the tires yet, I suppose when I get them I should be able to just pop them in the rims myself in my garage before I take it to the tire shop so they don't charge me a TPMS fee.

Reactions: echobravo
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.