Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lack of remote start, mine didn’t come with bluelink so I’m SOL on that, but I guess that isn’t a huge deal to me. I can always have a remote start installed at some point if I want.

Power seats. You just would have figured this would have been included, however I guess it does save weight haha. I don’t move my seat a ton but it would’ve been nice!

Everything else. I think I love just about every aspect of the car. Gets great MPG, handles really well, exhaust note is awesome and it pulls hard for what it is and it’s super comfortable. I’d say it’s about the best all around daily driver I’ve ever had.

Also, I love how soft the headrests are. The ones in my MD were so hard and angled weird.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah remote start would have been good. We get electric seats here in Aus.

Had ours for a week now and it's fantastic. Averaging 6.6 litres per 100kms.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't give a toss about remote start, personally, but I do wish it had power seats (with memory). That's the only thing this car doesn't have that I wanted.
Only reason I wanted it was this winter it got into low single digits and it would be nice having it come next winter haha. Otherwise I really wouldn’t use it.

But yeah, power seats man, even my ford transit work van has power seats hahah.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I don't really care about the power seat to be honest. I'm the only one that drives my car and it hasn't moved since I bought it.

Reactions: 8777

·
Registered
66 Posts
@croppz didn’t you purchase the 2018 model? If you did BlueLink should be free for the first 3 years.

I don't give a toss about remote start, personally, but I do wish it had power seats (with memory). That's the only thing this car doesn't have that I wanted.
I wouldn’t necessarily say my car purchase would center around remote start, but I’m loving the free 3 years of BlueLink. I use the remote start a bunch. As to the power front seats- Hyundai really flipped the bird off to us when they released the 2018 models still without this feature while other countries received it. What punks! The car as it stands is so sweet until you share it with family and friends and they have an odd expression on their face...b/c their car purchase (whatever it may be) does include power front seats.

I delayed my purchase back in 2017 b/c I was hoping the 2018 model lineup would include them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
No interest in remotes start given I'm in NorCal and have an Outback for skiing. Power seats would have been nice but Ive always considered powers seats with memories as being a luxury item.

OTH, it's truly shocking that Hyundai does realize the damage to brand retention these inflict upon themselves by NOT acting like a service provider. They should be everything humanly possible to get use to use their FREE Bluelink service. Instead most of us find ways to use other vendors services and products. Simply an amazingly poor business decision.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@croppz didn’t you purchase the 2018 model? If you did BlueLink should be free for the first 3 years.

I wouldn’t necessarily say my car purchase would center around remote start, but I’m loving the free 3 years of BlueLink. I use the remote start a bunch. As to the power front seats- Hyundai really flipped the bird off to us when they released the 2018 models still without this feature while other countries received it. What punks! The car as it stands is so sweet until you share it with family and friends and they have an odd expression on their face...b/c their car purchase (whatever it may be) does include power front seats.

I delayed my purchase back in 2017 b/c I was hoping the 2018 model lineup would include them.
It’s free if the car has the functionality. I didn’t buy the premium. I don’t have the bluelink button anywhere.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm not concerned about either two. Now... I wouldn't complain if they did come on my Elantra, but I'm not dissapointed that they don't.

I'm the only one driving my car so the seat doesn't change position and my garage is insulated, so at least the car is comfortable in the very cold Canadian Winter mornings!

·
Registered
105 Posts
You know what, I am actually with you here. I don't particularly care about remote start, since I drive a manual, but I would have loved a power seat. I don't actually care about the power aspect, I just wish I could angle the bottom of the seat more. It's fixed in one position angle wise and I want it a little steeper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.