Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading through the owner's manual / warranty info. The 10 year 100,000 mile is of course only valid to the original owner, subsequent owner is only afforded a 5 year / 60k warranty. As I continued through the manual it states vehicles used for commercial purpose or taxi are also only allotted a 5 year/60k warranty. Joining uber in some areas will place a "commercial/taxi" on the vin of your carfax. I'm wondering if by taking the uber discount, if when time comes, hyundai will fight you on warranty claims beyond the 5 year / 60k mark???

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was extended the Uber discount, by just saying I wanted it (I did join as a Uber driver just prior in order to get the rebate). They verified nothing with me, and did not see it noted on any paperwork...signed nothing acknowledging it etc. I was still offered a 100K bumper to bumper extension as well...but declined at this point.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Uber isn't a commercial taxi, at least in NC. You can't qualify for "For Hire" tags in NC just by being an Uber. Hyundai also can't void a warranty purchased by an individual regardless of use. It may be different if it were a registered business that purchased the vehicle.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Also, the Uber incentive does not require that the ES you are buying be the Uber vehicle. I had my wife's car inspected to get my profile completed and thus qualify for the $1K discount. Never even successfully launched the app as i did not add banking information. Any day now Uber will kick me out of the driver pool...insofar as warranty, my ES will never be affiliated with a shared riding service, nit will my insurance be tagged as such so n worries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts