Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m coming from an Infiniti where you could turn off the lock and unlock sounds. I wish I could figure it out on the Elantra sport? Anyone know of a way to do it? I already tried pulling out the horn and Alarm fuses with no luck :confused:

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
turn off the sound? I'm not sure what you mean, mine doesn't make any sort of artificial or added sound at all. The only thing I hear is the mechanical locking mechanisms moving.
Really? Mine beeps when I lock/unlock. Which I prefer over the traditional 'honk' from a secondary horn.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Really? Mine beeps when I lock/unlock. Which I prefer over the traditional 'honk' from a secondary horn.
Likewise. Not sure I'd want no sound at all, although I'm all for having as many options as possible. My 2006 Sonata honks the horn, which is annoying as ****, and often kept me from arming the alarm due to not wanting to wake my neighbors.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would love to have the horn back.
I would sit around the malls or downtown, near my parked car and honk the horn when people walk by just to mess with them.
The alarm is even better but I save that for the elderly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
turn off the sound? I'm not sure what you mean, mine doesn't make any sort of artificial or added sound at all. The only thing I hear is the mechanical locking mechanisms moving.

where are you located? I would love to only hear my door locks make noise. I get a single peep when I lock my car and double beep when I unlock

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can’t get any pictures of it but all you need to do is turn your wheel to the side and take off like 3 clips and move the plastic wheel well out of the way on the driver side and it’s a little green plastic square with a plug on it. just unplug it and let it be loose. I hate the sunroof sound too! I wish I could get rid of that as well

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Please please post pictures! This would be a life saver! The other thing i can't stand is the beep when the sunroof is on tilt and i leave the car
I couldn’t stand the beep either! It annoyed me so much but I couldn’t find anyone who removed it so I had to look all over the place to turn it off I tried all the alarm fuses and unplugged like 2 other horns but it wouldn’t get rid of the sound. This one also gets rid of the beep when you walk out of the car when it’s on and the key is in your pocket

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Perfect, thanks for replying back. Will give it a shot over the weekend and hopefully it'd make my keyless entry experience much better /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Yup it’s pretty easy all I used was a flathead screwdriver to take the clips off the rest you can do with your hands. Side note I learned two days how to turn on your car without the brake pedal. You press the start button once and let go and then you do it again and hold it for like 10 seconds the car will start with no brake pedal

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks man! Just found this and did it today and it works! No more beeping when lock and unlock and i can walk away from my running car and no beeping at all! Credit to Edsonvin!!

Glad you found it! It’s very nice to have it silent isn’t it? I had to find it myself because everyone else would say there wasn’t a way to do this or that their car didn’t even make the beep noises, so someone had to do it! Thanks for posting the pictures so others can do it easily!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah man I gave up on trying to find out how to do until I found your post. I posted up how to do it on the elantra sport owners group north America in Facebook. Gave you credit for discovering it. Thanks again!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah man I gave up on trying to find out how to do until I found your post. I posted up how to do it on the elantra sport owners group north America in Facebook. Gave you credit for discovering it. Thanks again!
Yeah it was tough to find where the sound was coming by just listening to it. And nice! Let everyone know, thanks for the credit

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.