Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Not me... yet :) Assuming the cable is good(certified) and functions outside the car? I don't have my manual handy but i thought i read the front USB and the one in the center console are different fuses, but could be wrong

Registered
Have you checked to make sure your phone doesn't have a bunch of lint in the charge port? I've found this to be the problem when I have connection problems.

Registered
Not me... yet :) Assuming the cable is good(certified) and functions outside the car? I don't have my manual handy but i thought i read the front USB and the one in the center console are different fuses, but could be wrong

*cracking up* dude, love the way you 鈥榗onnect鈥 logic with functionality. It鈥檚 funny how people jump to questions/conclusions (I鈥檓 speaking in general) before they research the problem a bit more through testing.

But hey, I suppose without silly moments, youtube would be so boring. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It's an Anker cord, worked great for over a month. I tried another Anker cord just now and it works, I don't get it...And that cord that was in the car works when I plug it in at home.

Registered
It's an Anker cord, worked great for over a month. I tried another Anker cord just now and it works, I don't get it...And that cord that was in the car works when I plug it in at home.
Could just be that the connection just isn't tight enough for one reason or another. On the female end (car), the connectors inside are a bit springy. Maybe those aren't as springy as they're supposed to be. Or on the male end (cable), maybe the connectors aren't raised up as much as they should be, causing a bad connection (just not a great cable). If it becomes a constant problem, maybe take it to the dealer with a variety of cables and a laptop so you can show them that the cables work in the laptop, but not in the car. Personally, I'd be more inclined to think that it's just a poor cable that was barely making a proper connection when it worked and now something has changed just enough to kill the connection.

Registered
You nailed it...it鈥檚 the cord. I鈥檓 not surprised. Several manufacturers will test their charging cords up to 4,000 with a 95 degree bend just to make sure the cord won鈥檛 fail while plugged in. I鈥檒l explain a bit more. The wires inside the cord can be as thin as 30 AWG and very fragile to constant bending. The cord material/layers as a whole surrounding the data/charging wires inside the cord jacket is what protects those smaller wires.

It sounds like one of the smaller wires inside the cable jacket is damaged just enough not to work for car purposes, but still functional for home use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.