Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here has vanity plates? I got mine about a month ago. Not sure if its just me but I fell like other people don't like them :D seems like people tail me more often now, maybe they're just trying to read the plate though.

PS: I realize I'm going to **** for getting them so no need to mention it.

Mine is "SLWTUNE"

List yours below, no need to include state.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Who here has vanity plates? I got mine about a month ago. Not sure if its just me but I fell like other people don't like them :D seems like people tail me more often now, maybe they're just trying to read the plate though.

PS: I realize I'm going to **** for getting them so no need to mention it.

Mine is "SLWTUNE"

List yours below, no need to include state.
Nah, the guys following you are just admiring your plate. I seriously doubt anyone out there cares enough unless someone’s plate is offensive. The DMV here in Cali has become somewhat blinded by the true meaning behind someone’s vanity plate. I’ve seen a few still on the road with a sexual nature as the meaning.

I’ve had several people snap pictures of my plate. It’s only a matter of time before it eventually ends up online. It would have been nice if there was a poll along the lines of who does and doesn’t have one for those out there that don’t want to disclose what their plates say. Would have been intresting!

Only picture I have at the moment.
That legacy plate took forever to arrive when I finally received mine. I seriously thought I was going to have another birthday before it would ever arrive.

·
Registered
229 Posts
That legacy plate took forever to arrive when I finally received mine. I seriously thought I was going to have another birthday before it would ever arrive.
I felt like it would have been faster if I just ordered mine before I even got the car! Well worth the wait though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I felt like it would have been faster if I just ordered mine before I even got the car! Well worth the wait though.
Haha...so true. Any thief that steals mine is going down.

I used to get vanity plates all the time when I lived in VA because they were less than $20 per year. Here in Texas they're like $400, so screw that.
You crack me up! You guys can afford it after all...your gas prices are some of the lowest in the country! <— think of it this way, in a way I’m making up the difference with Cali gas prices I have to pay. ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
No Vanity plate for me either, WA state asking from 85 to $125 and State is hungry for more (some crazy tab fees for Seattle Metro). So yes, screw that and buy some brew...
I dont blame you at all. This is the first time I have a brand spanking new car and I saw a state fee or whatever of like 150 and thats literally just about 50% of the price for my new registration.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I dont blame you at all. This is the first time I have a brand spanking new car and I saw a state fee or whatever of like 150 and thats literally just about 50% of the price for my new registration.
2018 WA Tabs for my ES was $320 + everyday drive pleasure on one of the worst roads nationwide. Here with those voters choice state scam MSRP + model year = tab cost. Back in Philadelphia that would cost me $36 flat per year, blood suckers....

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Haha...so true. Any thief that steals mine is going down.

You crack me up! You guys can afford it after all...your gas prices are some of the lowest in the country! <— think of it this way, in a way I’m making up the difference with Cali gas prices I have to pay. ;)
$400 per year for vanity tags? I don't spend anywhere near $400 less than you in a year for gas. There's no way in **** I'd pay that much for vanity tags even if I were a multi-millionaire. Ridiculous. $75 is about as high as I'll go.

·
Registered
229 Posts
getting off topic guys... =_=
I guess not many of us have them

$400 per year for vanity tags? I don't spend anywhere near $400 less than you in a year for gas. There's no way in **** I'd pay that much for vanity tags even if I were a multi-millionaire. Ridiculous. $75 is about as high as I'll go.
I dont think its always going to be 400/year. Mine show a 40 fee for the plate, its just some other crud thats making it so expensive. At least this is my case.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I dont think its always going to be 400/year. Mine show a 40 fee for the plate, its just some other crud thats making it so expensive. At least this is my case.
As you’re aware I’m in Cali too. My legacy plate along with my personal meaning only cost an extra $50. I filled out the paperwork at the dealership for the regular registration, then I waited for the plates to come in, then I went and ordered my vanity set. I was surprised it was just a mere $50 more than the regular set.

I know the above might appear to be a lot of work, but I knew the dealership would fudge it up, so I went with the choice above. Fortunately I didn’t go directly to the DMV for all this which made it a lot easier with checking the status update as to when the vanity plates came in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.