Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally put this in today. Was waiting until I purchased a SXTH intercooler setup but plans have changed on that front. I will say that if you have the M&S grille the end of the tube touches the grille mesh so it makes putting the bumper on a bit more difficult. Aside from that, not a hard installation just tedious as you have to remove the bumper. As far as it's intended purpose, better air flow to the airbox (this works best with the stock box, the AFE intakes that utlize the snorkel connection, or SXTH's upcoming intake box) and cooler intake air. I went on a little drive tonight to test out my new suspension/tire setup and on the way home I stopped after being on the highway for about an hour. Popped the hood and put my hand on the airbox and intake tube and they were both cold to the touch. :cool:

Here's the link to the product:
https://www.sxthelement.com/VelossaTechBigMouth-p/09-01-108.htm

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
240 Posts
Looks good! I like how the yellow intake rim nearly matches the colour of your DRLs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Was eying one of these but seemed more aesthetic than functional with most SRI’s and kind of a pain to install.

When did you switch back to a stock airbox? Any particular reason? Holding off on a SRI till Sxth releases their new project you teased in another thread. Hopefully we can get some more details soon.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When did you switch back to a stock airbox? Any particular reason?
A few months ago. Was preparing the car to be traded in for a Forte GT and then decided against it. Liking the stock box for now (with K&N filter) for noise reduction mostly.

·
Registered
251 Posts
A few months ago. Was preparing the car to be traded in for a Forte GT and then decided against it. Liking the stock box for now (with K&N filter) for noise reduction mostly.
What does the Forte GT hold over the ES that compelled you to consider a trade in? Just curious...

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What does the Forte GT hold over the ES that compelled you to consider a trade in? Just curious...
Looks, more features.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Going to add some info to this post. Hopefully people use search (yah, right).

The Big Mouth intake will not work on the 2019 Elantra Sport. I was pissed to be the guinea pig, but here we are.

The LED headlights intrude too far inboard.

I've informed Sxth Element and I'm sending mine back. Hopefully they update their product page.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The Big Mouth intake will not work on the 2019 Elantra Sport. I was pissed to be the guinea pig, but here we are.

I've informed Sxth Element and I'm sending mine back. Hopefully they update their product page.
SXTH is just the middle man. Velossa Tech is the company that designs and makes them. I'm sure SXTH will be happy to pass along the info.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Also, I wasn't saying I was upset with SXTH. Someone had to try it out. Taking off the bumper is not a trivial task. I just hope the neighbor's kids didn't hear what I had to say when I found out it wouldn't work.

Edited: They've already updated their product page.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Good info! i will take that off my shopping list ;)

·
Registered
2019 Elantra Sport
60 Posts

Thanks for the info man. I was just about to order one myself. Catastrophe averted. 👍

1 - 12 of 12 Posts