Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a newer VT sitting around and able to compare the rotors on it to ours? Trying to see cross-compatibility. Really looking to upgrade to EBC SS Kit. Thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a hold of a dealership that was actually helpful. These are the P/N for our rotors on the 2017 ES. Front - 51712C1000 Rear - 58411G2300. After some cross comparison online, our front rotors are the same for the 2016 Sonata Hybrid Limited and our rear rotors are the same for the 2016 Elantra Sport.

These are the EBC rotor part numbers (what I would equip mine with) that should fit the 2017 ES. Front - GD Sport (GD7645) Rear - USR Slotted Rotors (USR7630).

Now time to cross-compare the pads and see what the RedStuff P/N will be. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As for EBC Brake pads - EBC Brake Pads - Redstuff (DP31874C) Font/Rear

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I prefer the yellowstuff myself, but good to know. :)
EBC Brake Pads - Yellowstuff 4000 Series (DP41874R)

Yellowstuff is great, but a little too dusty and wears out too quick for my liking. I do not see any Bluestuff available for our pad size :/

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Blues will produce same dust as Yellows but will stop a heavier car better than yellows. But a car our size should be fine on any street or track.as long as speed somewhere near current levels. I haven?t obviously done brakes on this car but experience comes from previous cars I?ve used the EBCs on. I personally will be going with the yellows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts