Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been debating on doing an intake as my first mod to my ES but haven't figured out whether I'm willing to spend $200+ on one yet/to go with a CAI or SRI. I came across this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAoSUWZcHZQ&frags=pl,wn) in which he modded the stock air box can connected it to what looks like an AEM cone filter. How would this setup compare to say SXTH system as far as power and noise as it seems like it would do the same thing for the most part?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sri

Your best bet is to go with SXTH short ram. It has a smooth inside for better airflow as well as a wider pipe (3.5). CAI is useless for our car since the air is cooled as it passes through the inter cooler.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I'll definitely take a look at the super shorty that might be the way that I go for now. Any disadvantages of doing the super shorty with the stock intake pipe vs. the standard metal pipe on a normal SRI?
Full intake offers better flow with a larger pipe and no ridges. Power gains are probably about half just doing the filter.

Personally I would save up and do it the right way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.