Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I recently got myself an ES 2018 with the premium package and I have been looking to see if anyone has covered this before. The issue I have is I listen to Rap / HipHop and they tend to be bass heavy. I am not sure if it is normal for the stock sub to sound like it is rattling or vibrating. It does not sound nice like that. It does occur even with lower volumes at around 20. If anyone has any advice or similar issue please let me know if you know a solution. I can try to record the issue and post if needed

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello All,

I recently got myself an ES 2018 with the premium package and I have been looking to see if anyone has covered this before. The issue I have is I listen to Rap / HipHop and they tend to be bass heavy. I am not sure if it is normal for the stock sub to sound like it is rattling or vibrating. It does not sound nice like that. It does occur even with lower volumes at around 20. If anyone has any advice or similar issue please let me know if you know a solution. I can try to record the issue and post if needed
It is not the sub that's vibrating. It is the plastic mesh atop the parcel tray. Unfortunately there's no easy way to remove this and fix it back. I'm living with this until I think of something to fix it from outside without taking it apart.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello All,

I had a rattle that I thought was the back deck. It turned out to be the trunk light was not fully secured. Check to see if you bulb is fully locked in.

Lew

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, I tried checking if my light was loose but from what I can tell it’s on correctly. I did find somewhere online that basically the rattle/vibration is going to happen because it is just positioned badly

·
Registered
46 Posts
The rattle does go away if you can manage to stuff a paper or felt tab between the plastic mesh grill and the actual rear deck tray. But it looks bad. Also it doesn't rattle all that much when it's really hot like when parked in the sun all afternoon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.