Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

Newbie here, have every intention on posting in the intro forum but the body is still absorbing coffee while my energetic 2 year old runs around the house, thinking he's playing a full game of hockey. :)

Question for the technical gurus here as I'm a bit ticked off after having just picked up my 2018 Sport Tech DCT on Thursday. Drove it off the lot and it had 80k after a dealer transfer and it drove like a dream. Didn't notice any vibrations from the front end as I wasn't going over 60k as it's all residential but when I entered an area where the limit was 80 I immediately noticed a heavy vibration when braking. The steering wheel does not shake, the car does not drift out of alignment and the pedals do not vibrate either. This only happens when the car is braking from speeds above 70km/h and is noticeable until the speed drops below.

Before I drive over to the dealership, any ideas what our resident experts might think this is? Like I've said, this car only has 140kms on it now as I've only driven it for 1 full day and a bit.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Spots on the rotors from sitting on the lot or in transit. Dealer should be able to turn the rotors and send you on your way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spots on the rotors from sitting on the lot or in transit. Dealer should be able to turn the rotors and send you on your way.
Was from a dealer swap and already had about 60k on it before being driven over. Find it odd that nobody noticed this for the first 80k and when I get the car I discover the issue within an hour. Could it possibly be something else causing it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts