Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
2018 Elantra Sport, DCT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea.. sucks. First time.. and had to be with this car.. damn it. This morning I went out to my car to get to work and saw the front was like this 馃槬

Plastic lip at the bottom came off the clips and was hanging and scraping the ground, so to drive I took it off and it's in my trunk right now. There's that crack above the Turbo emblem and the hood is bent. The bumper's all misaligned with the driver side headlight housing and the fender. Thankfully mechanically there's nothing wrong, but it sucks to have it like this.

Waiting to get an estimate for repair, have an appointment on Tuesday. I'm thinking it'll be less than $1500 so it'd be best to just pay out of pocket instead of filing an insurance claim and having to pay the extra premium for a few years, deductible is $500. What do you think?

Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Registered
I'm thinking it'll be less than $1500
It cost me that to replace the front bumper after I hit a tire carcass on the highway. I'm betting you're closer to $2500. That's assuming the headlight is OK because they are not cheap.

Registered
Yea.. sucks. First time.. and had to be with this car.. damn it. This morning I went out to my car to get to work and saw the front was like this 馃槬

Plastic lip at the bottom came off the clips and was hanging and scraping the ground, so to drive I took it off and it's in my trunk right now. There's that crack above the Turbo emblem and the hood is bent. The bumper's all misaligned with the driver side headlight housing and the fender. Thankfully mechanically there's nothing wrong, but it sucks to have it like this.

Waiting to get an estimate for repair, have an appointment on Tuesday. I'm thinking it'll be less than $1500 so it'd be best to just pay out of pocket instead of filing an insurance claim and having to pay the extra premium for a few years, deductible is $500. What do you think?

View attachment 18018
This is the exact reason I have 4 camera's operational with g sensor modes and motion sensors.. I trust no one.

Registered
2018 Elantra Sport, DCT
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm definitely getting cameras on this then. Just picked it up. Went to get an oil change on Monday and got a call while I was there. The dealer was interested in buying my car since they were short on stock. I talked to them briefly and made an appointment for Friday. I told them I would only be interested in a Veloster N with the performance package. They had just got one a few days ago. We met and we got pretty close to a deal after showing me and test driving the car, but I wasn't happy with the deal. They called me back the next morning and I went in with my daughter. When we got there, I parked my car next to another Veloster N, whose owner was walking back to his car when I got out of mine. I asked him if he liked it and he told me that he loved it and that he had another one before this one (pointed to it, and it was the one I was looking at). He said he had to get an automatic since he hurt his knee and that's why he switched. Turns out I see the exact same car in my neighborhood when we got back home, so the guy is actually a neighbor of mine just one block over.. small world! Anyways, the salesman I spoke to the day before was busy so he had me speak to someone else, but this guy was terrible so I left. He tried to sell me a new one at $41k when the MSRP is $32,500. I literally got up and left without saying anything. On the way home they called me AGAIN, asking what it would take to make the deal. I went back in and after another couple hours of more back and forth, they hit my winning numbers, and here we are now. I cannot believe it still. I'll miss my ES though, that's for damn sure. Only had it for 6 months.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Registered
Just got mine back from the shop. Front bumper was smashed. Not the hood. $3500 and a month and a half later got it back. Hyundai parts are on national back order. Insurance shouldn't go up because of a hr claim. I hope u have rental insurance.

Registered
I'm definitely getting cameras on this then. Just picked it up. Went to get an oil change on Monday and got a call while I was there. The dealer was interested in buying my car since they were short on stock. I talked to them briefly and made an appointment for Friday. I told them I would only be interested in a Veloster N with the performance package. They had just got one a few days ago. We met and we got pretty close to a deal after showing me and test driving the car, but I wasn't happy with the deal. They called me back the next morning and I went in with my daughter. When we got there, I parked my car next to another Veloster N, whose owner was walking back to his car when I got out of mine. I asked him if he liked it and he told me that he loved it and that he had another one before this one (pointed to it, and it was the one I was looking at). He said he had to get an automatic since he hurt his knee and that's why he switched. Turns out I see the exact same car in my neighborhood when we got back home, so the guy is actually a neighbor of mine just one block over.. small world! Anyways, the salesman I spoke to the day before was busy so he had me speak to someone else, but this guy was terrible so I left. He tried to sell me a new one at $41k when the MSRP is $32,500. I literally got up and left without saying anything. On the way home they called me AGAIN, asking what it would take to make the deal. I went back in and after another couple hours of more back and forth, they hit my winning numbers, and here we are now. I cannot believe it still. I'll miss my ES though, that's for damn sure. Only had it for 6 months.

View attachment 18023

View attachment 18024
It's awesome for sure my only thought is.. if your es was worth 15 and you stole the Veloster N for 32 what could you have done to the es with 17k.. that's where I'm at...

Registered
2018 Elantra Sport, DCT
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's awesome for sure my only thought is.. if your es was worth 15 and you stole the Veloster N for 32 what could you have done to the es with 17k.. that's where I'm at...
You are definitely right there man, that's an undeniable advantage the ES has over the VN. and the VN is already a lot of car for the money, so it only speaks volumes for the ES. It was bitter sweet getting the VN and leaving the ES. Honestly I think I will miss it for years, it was the first car I truly loved that I owned. Overall the VN is a different car, different feeling. Today I drove it in Normal and Eco modes for the first time not in N mode (lol) and it is INCREDIBLE how different of a car it becomes when in N mode, from the sounds to the feeling of the road and the steering. I saw a video yesterday of the new Elantra N though, hooooly cow dude. Have you checked that thing out?!

Registered
You are definitely right there man, that's an undeniable advantage the ES has over the VN. and the VN is already a lot of car for the money, so it only speaks volumes for the ES. It was bitter sweet getting the VN and leaving the ES. Honestly I think I will miss it for years, it was the first car I truly loved that I owned. Overall the VN is a different car, different feeling. Today I drove it in Normal and Eco modes for the first time not in N mode (lol) and it is INCREDIBLE how different of a car it becomes when in N mode, from the sounds to the feeling of the road and the steering. I saw a video yesterday of the new Elantra N though, hooooly cow dude. Have you checked that thing out?!
Yes I have checked out the new N, but for me, I can't get my head wrapped around the looks.. for me who maybe only puts 300 miles a month on my car I spend more time looking at it than driving it.. my es is my hobby and my passion. When my family is busy with homework and other stuff I'm planning my next modifications. My budget for this car is pretty much $40k I paid 15,900 I was fortunate to have the Owner Mark from SXTH perform the install of my downpipe, CPLT carbon intake system, the FMIC with all the piping, and The wastgate solenoid upgrade (Piersburg) my exhaust is completely stock.. Then Nathan did the tune and I'm roughly at 220 wheel horsepower with about 270 ft pounds of torque at the wheels.I spent about 4 k on the parts and labor.. now I still have 20k to do a full limited slip differential, KO3 stuffed turbo, big brake kit, and forged internals I will destroy a new N and still have 10k in the bank.. I wanted to make something that someone would look past. Mustangs are a dime a dozen and I'm not a meathead nor want or need the attention. I want to be undetected for the most part..

Registered
Like we've discussed before.. I like the corners and mountain roads but don't push my car with no line of site the way you do.. to each his own I understand that is your thing. But for me it's the look on people's face when the get gapped by a Hyundai.
I find straight line racing boring, but as you say, to each their own. I like things with a bit more skill involved.

Registered
I find straight line racing boring, but as you say, to each their own. I like things with a bit more skill involved.
Dude, can you be any more condescending. I mean are you able to appreciate anyone else's opinions or point of view? Did your mother ever teach you if you didn't have anything nice to say don't say it at all? Have you always been this way? I mean wth man. That's a lonely road to walk, and it usually doesn't get you anywhere. Just saying.

Registered
2018 Elantra Sport, DCT
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dude, can you be any more condescending. I mean are you able to appreciate anyone else's opinions or point of view? Did your mother ever teach you if you didn't have anything nice to say don't say it at all? Have you always been this way? I mean wth man. That's a lonely road to walk, and it usually doesn't get you anywhere. Just saying.
The guy's knowledgeable it seems. He sure likes the forums, too. But yea, man... I rather associate with uneducated but decent people, rather than educated but.. disdainful.. people.

Registered

View attachment 18018
I don't believe that your insurance policy will increase, so I would file a claim; pay the 500 bucks, and do something else with the intended money.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts