Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Similar to the NSW/Perth forums, thought I'd start a thread for Victorian owners to announce themselves and maybe with a rough location.

(I'm out east of Melbourne, towards Mitcham)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Gday from Taylor's Lakes in Victoria!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Looks like perhaps one AU subsection will be sufficient, I'm keen to strike up some conversation with you all about local type mods, especially things like tyres when people change them and challenges specific to our hot dry climate.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah good idea. I've investigated quote a few mods being sent out from Korea or US but everyone it just gets expensive when you factor in exchange rates and shipping.

Mods so far:
DIY intake from 3.5" aluminium tubing and silicone hoses to stock airbox. Have AEM dry flow filter coming.

Intercooler resonator delete using lipped aluminum pipe found on eBay. Size was a bit long but it does the job.

Straight through exhaust pipe made from rear cat to stock muffler. Sounds great not droning, goes quiet on the freeway. When you floor it, it gets a little loud but nothing like putting a muffler change on. Still sounds stock. Nice mod.

Parts I have but not yet fitted.
EBC solenoid. Found the MAC branded solenoid on eBay plus the brass fittings to suit. The wiring plug has been a PITA to find so I bought a new set and will chop the stock one off and rewire when ready.

Future plans:
Confirming with vendors right now if it's worth using a boost controller to control boost in stages like a GFB Force2.

Mishimoto Z Line intercooler

Cold side pipe with plumb back GFB BoV.

Stage 1 tune

New tyres and upgraded pads.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah good idea. I've investigated quote a few mods being sent out from Korea or US but everyone it just gets expensive when you factor in exchange rates and shipping.

Mods so far:
DIY intake from 3.5" aluminium tubing and silicone hoses to stock airbox. Have AEM dry flow filter coming.

Intercooler resonator delete using lipped aluminum pipe found on eBay. Size was a bit long but it does the job.

Straight through exhaust pipe made from rear cat to stock muffler. Sounds great not droning, goes quiet on the freeway. When you floor it, it gets a little loud but nothing like putting a muffler change on. Still sounds stock. Nice mod.

Parts I have but not yet fitted.
EBC solenoid. Found the MAC branded solenoid on eBay plus the brass fittings to suit. The wiring plug has been a PITA to find so I bought a new set and will chop the stock one off and rewire when ready.

Future plans:
Confirming with vendors right now if it's worth using a boost controller to control boost in stages like a GFB Force2.

Mishimoto Z Line intercooler

Cold side pipe with plumb back GFB BoV.

Stage 1 tune

New tyres and upgraded pads.
I know it's a bit of an old post.. But I'm looking at doing the intercooler resonator delete as well. I'm just guessing that the pipe is 2 1/2 inch?? How long a pipe did you get.
There are a couple on eBay. One is 300mm & the other is 76mm. Both lipped. Just not sure if the 76mm is long enough..
And they are a lot cheaper than getting one delivered from the US.. Close to $100.

Cheers

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'll dig out the Ebay seller who made it for me and post it up shortly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts