Elantra Sport Forum banner

Voodoo Idol's build. Her name is Lola.

7K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  got-rice 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's my build so far:

6EE shift linkage bushings (used the VT bushings which aren't a direct fit - I had to modify the ends of the cables to get them in, but they should be releasing a set specifically for the ES in the not-too-distant future)
6EE shifter base bushings
Tinted tails
Painted engine cover
M&S grille
Craven Speed Platypus front towhook plate mount
6EE SRI
6EE lower trans mount
Storm springs
6EE rear sway bar
Pierce Motorsports 2 point tie brace
6EE FMIC
6EE BOV
6EE Stage 2 tune via EK1 Pro @ 268hp.

The bushings made the shifter tight as can be. There is almost no space between gears and very, very little slop. Now if I just had a short shifter...

The intake definitely made a difference from 3000rpms and up - much more get up and go, and it seems like the turbo spools a tad bit faster. And if you feel the noise from the intake is too loud, then your stereo isn't loud enough. The trans mount definitely transmits some vibrations into the cabin, mostly in the pedals and through the driver's seat (I imagine the passenger seat, too, but how would I know? :D). It's not a huge amount at all and it gives you a much better feel for shifting the manual, which is a bonus. You'll definitely know if you're shifting at too low of an rpm.

Now I just need some handling mods... I'm thinking the 4 point lower tie brace and strut bar from Pierce, but undecided at this point. Also waiting on Mark from 6EE to finish the bracket for his dual catch can setup so I can snag one of those up.

See less See more
#4 ·
I've added a few goodies in the past few months:

6EE rear sway bar
Pierce 2 point tie bar
Storm springs

As soon as I have time to detail the car again I'll post some pics with the springs installed.

Car handles really well now - not that it didn't before, it's just that much better.

I'm also working on porting/polishing a 60mm TB.

#8 ·
I got the springs through Albert Wang on FaceBook. He's the frickin' man. I got them to my door in Texas in 24 hours from Korea. I **** you not.

The TB I bought through a junkyard online. You can find them on Ebay as well. It does take some modification to get it to work though. You have to tap the top of it and put a hose barb in so you can hook up the EVAP line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.