Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a new Elantra sport and my intention is to install a catch can.
I dnt want to void the warranty so I would remove it every time I go for service.
As I open and look at the engine I see that every single manifold is signed with colors in the proximity of the metal clamp.
Are those marks done by the dealer/factory to check if the clamps have been removed and some work has been done to the vehicle?

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you're worried about that, just grab a few different color sharpies and go to town with it. Just mark everything up randomly so nothing lines up. :)

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I have recently bought a new Elantra sport and my intention is to install a catch can.
I dnt want to void the warranty so I would remove it every time I go for service.
As I open and look at the engine I see that every single manifold is signed with colors in the proximity of the metal clamp.
Are those marks done by the dealer/factory to check if the clamps have been removed and some work has been done to the vehicle?
They are done at the factory. Usually to signify that the part was checked for tightness and sometimes to show if something has been removed.

My opinion: if you are worried about the warranty, don't modify the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts