Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi All,

Can someone please confirm for me which hose goes where regarding the Wastegate solenoid?

I totally forgot to take pics when I removed the stock one...

A - to turbo compressor housing
B - to wastegate actuator

Thanks guys!!!
Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump for wastegate solenoid help...!
Sorry autocorect fail on topic heading 😞

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks R1600!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're looking at it flat on a table.

Front port is FROM the turbo housing
Left port goes to wastegate
Right port is vented

Make sure you do not extend the length of the vacuum lines too much, you will get overboosting like I have. Shorter is better.

Also if you can, swap the MAC valve for the Borg Warner, WAY BETTER.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you got a boost gauge?

Mine sometimes hits around 1.7 to 1.9bar sometimes on a spirited drive then cuts boost.
Got an electronic gauge plumbed into the vac source before the BoV line.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Have you got a boost gauge?

Mine sometimes hits around 1.7 to 1.9bar sometimes on a spirited drive then cuts boost.
Got an electronic gauge plumbed into the vac source before the BoV line.
Yep. On my Lap3 tune was hitting ~23psi (1.6 bar?) but now on stock tune again hitting the standard 18psi (1.2 bar?) Never had any boost cuts but recently had a throttle cut due to the tune being too aggressive, hence why I removed it. My boost gauge is attached directly to the intake manifold using a SXTH vacuum block.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry I should clarify to "cut" I'm referring to is like the engine sneezes, revs drop and so does boost. I'm not sure if it's the throttle that's closing or boost bein cut, bit it's not nice.
The whole car jerks.
This is also after I had my tune, de-tuned as the initial Stage 1 tune was doing this quite often as well as hitting, in my opinion unsafe boost levels.
Could also be inherent of have a tuned DCT version of this car, e.g. boost continuing to climb during a gear shift

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Another issue I was getting with my tune was what another tuner described as "rapid misfires". Usually happened after a hard 1-2 shift, the throttle would cut out, boost would cut, and the car sounded like it was cutting fuel or timing or hitting some sort of limiter. Managed to catch one on video and that's how the diagnosis was made as rapid misfires. Needless to say I went back to stock. Lap3 has volunteered to fix the issue by reducing boost and timing but I'm actually going to switch to another tuner.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you're DCT, I suggest you do either a custom tune via Dyno, or SXTH tune, via datalogging. Getting a canned tuned that is the one you have is detrimental to your DCT. R1600T knows who I am, and I just had my clutches replaced that yes, there was a TSB for it recommending I change to the newer friction material. But the tune that I had installed prematurely caused my clutches to fail. I have low kms (32,000KMS). If I do get my car tuned in the future, it will be BTR's former tuner, who gets flown in 3 times a year from Korea to a local shop here that tunes via dyno (which I was originally going to do, but always been away when they had the events), or SXTH, as I've one of their tuned cars. Now the SXTH tune is custom as well, and is being done as per the owner's preferences. In short, a lot of jerking that you feel can be your clutches not coping with the torque spikes from the small turbo. And the tune that you have makes all it's power low in the RPM range. Drive with caution...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.