Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to see if anyone knows what I should do for the following....{2017 ES, 6MT) Recently I noticed my clutch give feeling a little off. Getting into gear is fine, staying in gear is fine, the clutch just felt loose in a way. When I parked at home after work I gave the clutch the lightest possible tap and it sunk to the bottom and stayed there. Now how come it wasnt sticking to the floor when I was putting normal pressure on it? Anything helps!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I started experiencing a very similar issue the past week. Took it in yesterday and dealer found nothing wrong, but the weird feel is still there. Since I'm working mostly from home, I won't be driving the car too far before I will head back to the dealer and have them test drive with me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I started experiencing a very similar issue the past week. Took it in yesterday and dealer found nothing wrong, but the weird feel is still there. Since I'm working mostly from home, I won't be driving the car too far before I will head back to the dealer and have them test drive with me.
Sorry to hear that man, I hope all goes well with yours. How many miles are on yours?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sorry to hear that man, I hope all goes well with yours. How many miles are on yours?
Mines also a 2017 just at 36K...its also a CPO, but from looking at whatever I could find on the previous records, I don't think there was any issues prior to this. But that probably figures that things like this could happen now with the age (it was built in late 2016) and mileage.

The clutch is fine, but as I've read here, its definitely another component that is going bad.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Slave cylinder. I've seen a few go out. Unfortunately the trans has to be removed to replace it. Mine is good still at 84k miles.

knocks on wood

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So turns out the slave was in fact leaking, new slave arriving at shop shortly and my es should be back to me this afternoon! Hope this never happens to anyone else:)

·
Registered
207 Posts
So turns out the slave was in fact leaking, new slave arriving at shop shortly and my es should be back to me this afternoon! Hope this never happens to anyone else:)
That's good news...I might have the same problem but I haven't had the chance to swing by my dealer and have them test drive it with me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's good news...I might have the same problem but I haven't had the chance to swing by my dealer and have them test drive it with me.
Update 2.0, bad news it did not fix the issue. I went in after receiving a phone call that they test drove and it was fine, I litterally got in my car, touched the clutch lightly and it went to the floor, I was not happy. They did replace the Slave since it was leaking and I asked to see it. So now its staying there for more diagnostic I guess. If they cant fix it then im checking if its the hoses or something, but they know more than I do.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Update 2.0, bad news it did not fix the issue. I went in after receiving a phone call that they test drove and it was fine, I litterally got in my car, touched the clutch lightly and it went to the floor, I was not happy. They did replace the Slave since it was leaking and I asked to see it. So now its staying there for more diagnostic I guess. If they cant fix it then im checking if its the hoses or something, but they know more than I do.
Did they bother bleeding the system? What is the fluid level in the reservoir?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Oh man, that sucks. Curious, were you without a car while yours was in the shop? I'm not sure if Hyundai does rentals...I went out for lunch and my clutch felt sort of normal, but in hot California, I think the heat might be contributing to the pedal issue especially when I drive it more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did they bother bleeding the system? What is the fluid level in the reservoir?
Yes they bled the system and then said they would do it again if I want to follow through with a new master cylinder. I also think the heat could have possibly contributed to the issue because in Maryland we had several weeks of 90 plus degree weather and stupid high humidity percentages, but Hyundai is looking at it this afternoon so hopefully they can figure it out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh man, that sucks. Curious, were you without a car while yours was in the shop? I'm not sure if Hyundai does rentals...I went out for lunch and my clutch felt sort of normal, but in hot California, I think the heat might be contributing to the pedal issue especially when I drive it more.
I am not old enough to have a rental lol, but my friend lives right near our hyundai dealer so he is going to pick me up, I will keep you updated on what happens either tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Yes they bled the system and then said they would do it again if I want to follow through with a new master cylinder. I also think the heat could have possibly contributed to the issue because in Maryland we had several weeks of 90 plus degree weather and stupid high humidity percentages, but Hyundai is looking at it this afternoon so hopefully they can figure it out.
I don't buy the heat thing, I live in AZ and haven't had issues lol. Has to be something else.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My clutch was on the floor today, and it was 100 degrees. However, I just had to pull the clutch pedal back up and it acted normally, but it probably is the slave that is bad, because cold start it would be fine. My service advisor was suppose to call Friday but them promising to follow up is a fallacy, so I'll just call tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
My clutch was on the floor today, and it was 100 degrees. However, I just had to pull the clutch pedal back up and it acted normally, but it probably is the slave that is bad, because cold start it would be fine. My service advisor was suppose to call Friday but them promising to follow up is a fallacy, so I'll just call tomorrow.
100% the slave.

·
Registered
207 Posts
100% the slave.
And...I took my car back to my dealer this afternoon, and had a tech drive it himself. He found the clutch pedal funky as well as I told him of what has been said here. The service manager has ordered a new slave cylinder to install, so I'll see if this solves my problem. Said it would take about 3 days to get the part, but who knows if it might be longer. I'm in California, so I figure Hyundai's parts inventory is local to me.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
And...I took my car back to my dealer this afternoon, and had a tech drive it himself. He found the clutch pedal funky as well as I told him of what has been said here. The service manager has ordered a new slave cylinder to install, so I'll see if this solves my problem. Said it would take about 3 days to get the part, but who knows if it might be longer. I'm in California, so I figure Hyundai's parts inventory is local to me.
Dealers tend to be a bit slow on that. If I had to purchase one from my parts guy in Korea tonight, it would be on my door step on Wednesday.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Dealers tend to be a bit slow on that. If I had to purchase one from my parts guy in Korea tonight, it would be on my door step on Wednesday.
New slave is in, everything is fine...for now. It took a little bit longer as the part took its time to arrive, and then the master tech that at the dealer had two Theta engine replacements to do first, so I only had wait a little longer. With that now out of the way, I can focus on upgrading some of the components like the solenoids and look at that GFB valve now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts