Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After washing the car today I started up the car (couldn't have been off for more than 10 minutes) and noticed the idling was not consistent. Kept almost wanting to stall- going up and down between 400rpm and 700rpm. The engine was already warm. Seemed to subside after a couple minutes of driving.

Anyone else experience this?

Maybe I should check my oil pressure but I don't see why it would be off??:confused:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Start with the easy stuff.
Check intake hoses, make sure nothing is loose. Check oil level. New gasoline?
Disconnect battery for 1 min and recconect, see if any simple fix resolve the issues.

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine did that after I did a oil change from factory oil to Mobil 1.couple days later check engine light came on & now I am waiting on dealer to fix a p2261 code for turbo ? Car runs good if it runs .lmao

·
Registered
248 Posts
Happened to me the other day too actually, had a service about 500-600kms before, had never noticed it happening before but was moving between yeah ~500-700rpm up/down/up/down quite fast. Car still drove completely normally, and has not done it since... Did under the bonnet checks but everything is normal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Are you getting hesitation mid range? Noticed it really bad when getting on expressway. Hopefully I will get my car back & out of this rental tomorrow. Thinking about a boost gauge to keep a eye on it now.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Are you getting hesitation mid range? Noticed it really bad when getting on expressway. Hopefully I will get my car back & out of this rental tomorrow. Thinking about a boost gauge to keep a eye on it now.
No hesitation, in fact that drive was otherwise really smooth and got to boot through 1st and second a couple of times which we're flawlessly good :)

I think I just got a batch of bad gas- haven't experienced it since then.
I only had it that once, but it was every time on that drive that I dropped back to idle. Again hasn't happened since then and I have refueled, but I may throw in some fuel treatment/injector cleaner cos why not.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I have hesitation if I try to accelerate in 3-4 gears around 50-80% throttle. Car has always done it, never thrown a CEL. I've chocked it up to a crappy factory tune.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's a retarded stock tune (almost literally)
Same thing on my current Veloster turbo. If it's anything less than full throttle, it hesitates a bit. It's annoying but I think if I remember right, it was to keep the car safe under medium load due to the early 1.6t gammas blowing up like land mines in 2013.

Something like that, but I'm no expert hehe. Hope your car is out soon man.

Ps. I had a 13 vt and now a 16 vt and very soon a 17/18 Es. I love this platform.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It's a retarded stock tune (almost literally)
Same thing on my current Veloster turbo. If it's anything less than full throttle, it hesitates a bit. It's annoying but I think if I remember right, it was to keep the car safe under medium load due to the early 1.6t gammas blowing up like land mines in 2013.

Something like that, but I'm no expert hehe. Hope your car is out soon man.

Ps. I had a 13 vt and now a 16 vt and very soon a 17/18 Es. I love this platform.
do you notice a big difference in performance over the vt? i k ow they use the same engine but from what i hear the vt was a little quicker due to higher psi?

·
Registered
88 Posts
do you notice a big difference in performance over the vt? i k ow they use the same engine but from what i hear the vt was a little quicker due to higher psi?
They're basically the exact same 0-60 but I like the Es better. The vt is about 200ish lbs less, so that can be a minor minor improvement but the Elantra sport feels more poised and natural. Better suspension on the Es too.

·
Registered
214 Posts
They're basically the exact same 0-60 but I like the Es better. The vt is about 200ish lbs less, so that can be a minor minor improvement but the Elantra sport feels more poised and natural. Better suspension on the Es too.
yeah i really dont like the looks of the veloster. its too weird looking.

·
Registered
88 Posts
yeah i really dont like the looks of the veloster. its too weird looking.
I like the uniqueness to it, but I absolutely hate the road attention it brings. Soooo many idiots wants to drive super fast next to me and try to race it and stuff. It brings out the inner-retard to everyone with a road complex LOL. Would be cool if it was actually REAL QUICK instead of just pretty quick if that makes sense.

Elantra is subtle, packs an awesome kick and an even awesome-er suspension. (The only vt with a sweet setup is the rally and I think maybe rspec, the classy turbo I have feels half-in half-out on its suspension)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.