Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to pull the trigger on a 17 or 18 low mileage elantra (staying around $19K). I see some vehicles with sunroof and some without. My understanding was that the sunroof comes with the premium sound package, but when I talk to dealers/sellers I get mixed answers about the cars I am inquiring about.

I want to get the most for my $ and a sunroof is nice especially if it means a bigger display and connectivity for the same price as a non-premium equipped car

Any clarification would be great.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I would hope you can get a used one for way less than $19k. I paid that for my new '17 with 150 miles on it. Regarding the sunroof, it was part of the premium package in 2017. For 2018, it became standard equipment.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I told them I wasn't paying for their "extras", which they were fine with. Got $2500 in rebates plus a small dealer discount since the car had been sitting for a while .

·
Registered
105 Posts
jeez I got ripped a new one, I paid 24 for a sport manual with the premium package.
Pricing is a very personal thing. It depends on the region you live in for local incentives, things you personally qualify for, etc. I know that my selling price for my 18 GT Sport manual was $22,256 plus tax and title, I had $2,800 in rebates, I got GAP, and it was a $76 deal for the dealership. I know what it was for the dealership because I also work there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm trying to pull the trigger on a 17 or 18 low mileage elantra (staying around $19K). I see some vehicles with sunroof and some without. My understanding was that the sunroof comes with the premium sound package, but when I talk to dealers/sellers I get mixed answers about the cars I am inquiring about.

I want to get the most for my $ and a sunroof is nice especially if it means a bigger display and connectivity for the same price as a non-premium equipped car

Any clarification would be great.

I just bought a sport (DCT so a manual should be cheaper) for $19,100, with tax and title and fees it was $21,106 out the door had 50 miles on it. I have a sunroof/connectivity(android apple play) without the premium package. The premium package is not worth the money IMHO you can install a sound system cheaper, and I wasn't worried about the 8 inch screen, 7inch is just fine. So get a good deal and don't pay more than 17k for a 17 ( low miles). 19k is fair for a brand new sport (DCT) manual would be in the 18k range. Esp this time of year with the 19's coming out. Be willing to drive in a 100 miles radius for a deal cast your net wide you will get better deals I was lucky that the deal was in my city.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats way better than the deals I see here in FL. Id be willing to fly a short distance and drive the car back for sure...OH is far for me, but I will keep looking.

Maybe I wait for the '19 models to be on the lot and then get the car as brand new and an '18 for $19K sounds better than the current price I am seeing for '17 models.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just bought a sport (DCT so a manual should be cheaper) for $19,100, with tax and title and fees it was $21,106 out the door had 50 miles on it. I have a sunroof/connectivity(android apple play) without the premium package. The premium package is not worth the money IMHO you can install a sound system cheaper, and I wasn't worried about the 8 inch screen, 7inch is just fine. So get a good deal and don't pay more than 17k for a 17 ( low miles). 19k is fair for a brand new sport (DCT) manual would be in the 18k range. Esp this time of year with the 19's coming out. Be willing to drive in a 100 miles radius for a deal cast your net wide you will get better deals I was lucky that the deal was in my city.
Don't forget to click that important disclosures and see the fine print on their advertised price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.