Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed 255/35/18 is a near perfect match for our stock tire diameter. Will that fit on the car? Are there 9" wheels out there with an offset that would not produce any rubbing or poking out beyond the wheel well? Maybe a 50 offset would do the trick. I'm not doing anything with the suspension besides a rear sway bar.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
The unfortunate truth: wide wheels will not fit inside the fenders of the ES very well. Sure some are doing it, but they are also going stance nation and slamming the car with ridiculous amounts of camber. Personally I want wide because I autocross and (soon) will be tracking my car and I need as much grip as I can get. Currently running 245's on a 18x8 with 45mm offset. This sits nice in the rear, but I am using 5mm spacers in front to push them out a little because the track width on this car is narrower in the front so what looks flush in back looks sunken in on the front. I believe someone in my facebook group did 18x8.5 +50 with 255's and ended up having to put 2mm spacers on to keep the tires from hitting the struts.

If you stay stock height, you shouldn't have much issue with rubbing. I was fairly low and my previous 235's were rubbing in the front constantly. I ended up going with a stiffer spring on my coilovers, lots more camber and a slightly taller ride height to avoid it. Very rarely rub now.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.