Elantra Sport Forum banner

941 - 960 of 990 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
308 Posts
Nothing superbly exciting performance-wise. New (used) winter alloys off Sonata and a new front lic plate :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I got an EGT N Line shift knob, Elantra 2012 COTY plate frame and OEM wheel locks all off eBay in the past month

·
Registered
373 Posts
Gas cap stopped clicking. No CEL but annoying anyway. Bought an "OEM" replacement on eBay. No hologram on the box but at least it clicks. Installation required pulling a plastic plug out of a hole, no tools required, just your mitts and a bit of force, maybe pliers would make it slightly easier? I took a look at the "broken" cap, I didn't see anything obviously broken on any of the surfaces.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
308 Posts
The car sat for the past 4-5 weeks and the battery voltage dropped to about 10.8V (yes, I should have disconnected the battery). I fully charged the battery and run the battery reconditioning mode on the charger. The voltage holds at 13.1V for the past 48hrs and I am happy with that.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Are those for looks only or do they serve other purpose?
Yeah they're "just for decoration", they usually come on high end cars. I believe Genesis have them, and I know Lexus cars have them while Toyotas don't.

I just got them, I tried fitting one and unfortunately, the fit is loose, unless I glue it or something. Messaged the seller to see what they will do because this specific listing was for the Elantra.

·
Registered
373 Posts
60,000 mile oil change. I have 4 more quarts of the Amazon Basics 5W-40 full synthetic and 6 quarts of some 5W-30 Magnatec I bought before I was aware of the TSB. First time using the OEM filters in the eco-friendly packaging. I was worried when I didn't see a hologram but they're putting them on the filters themselves.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I installed a low profile spoiler today.

I like it - looks OEM to me. I should have done this a while ago.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I installed a low profile spoiler
I’ve had to reinstall mine every year. Few things are less rewarding than scraping 3M VHB. My roof spoiler install included a couple of dabs of silicone adhesive so even though the VHB has deteriorated, it’s holding on strongly.

·
Registered
373 Posts
While I was recycling my oil, I remembered my car was a little slow to get to low idle from a cold start so I grabbed some CRC valve cleaner. I’m still spraying into the intake, is there a convenient vacuum line available?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I’ve had to reinstall mine every year. Few things are less rewarding than scraping 3M VHB. My roof spoiler install included a couple of dabs of silicone adhesive so even though the VHB has deteriorated, it’s holding on strongly.
Wow, I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for that. I've used 3M VHB in the past on other applications and I've never had any problems with it coming unglued - the main key is to use adhesion promoter, which in my case, it actually came with one!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Maybe use double sided tape? Thanks for your feedback on the parts.
I might do that, a little tape would keep it in place honestly. Sent the seller a message, will see what he says.
I like it - looks OEM to me. I should have done this a while ago.
Looks good, where did you get yours from? I dislike the ones that have too much 'wing' that makes you look hot boi (I've seen this actual FR-S in person before).

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I got it off eBay - specifically Aero Parts Rear Trunk Spoiler Lip Trim Garnish Painted for HYUNDAI 17-18 Elantra | eBay. I have a UPS account and I noticed that the item was sent out from California, so I received the item in a couple of days. Maybe I was lucky. I decided to get it because I had a good account-specific eBay coupon as well as some eBay bucks so it cost me under $100.
LOL, I bought my door striker cover from these same guys, and yeah, they came from California (Actually from the LA area). It took me longer to receive my stuff, but probably because they had to be shipped here first, then sent via USPS to me.

Looks like they sell a silver one too, so I wonder which would be better, a color matched or black lip.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Wow, I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for that. I've used 3M VHB in the past on other applications and I've never had any problems with it coming unglued.
I think you should be fine. Yours appears to just sit on top of the trunk but mine requires adhesion to the vertical back edge and I’ve never gotten a 100% seal. I’m getting ready to try again.
BBA750C0-2F91-489B-900E-F738B2916DB9.jpeg

941 - 960 of 990 Posts