Elantra Sport Forum banner

961 - 968 of 968 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Even before I mounted the lip spoiler, I was able to set it in place and it was flush. I'm assuming you're using adhesion promoter/primer as well?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Even before I mounted the lip spoiler, I was able to set it in place and it was flush. I'm assuming you're using adhesion promoter/primer as well?
The one you got from the same seller I bought my door covers from, they're from Korea. Perhaps the other ones I've seen on eGay that are priced less, come from China? Maybe there is a difference in quality...

·
Registered
364 Posts
I’ve somehow lost two lugnuts in the last 2 years. 2 years when I switched to my winters, I noticed the first missing nut, very annoying because they’re the skinny gorilla nuts and I had to order a whole new set. This morning, another one was just gone, replaced with one from my first set. I torque them to 90 lb-ft with a torque wrench but they still managed to work free.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Not a wise assumption. I went with some 3M primer 94 this time around. I think you’re right, the adhesive was releasing from the spoiler, not the car.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
301 Posts
I’ve somehow lost two lugnuts in the last 2 years. 2 years when I switched to my winters, I noticed the first missing nut, very annoying because they’re the skinny gorilla nuts and I had to order a whole new set. This morning, another one was just gone, replaced with one from my first set. I torque them to 90 lb-ft with a torque wrench but they still managed to work free.
Did you re-torque them after 50km or so of driving? https://www.continental-tires.com/car/tire-knowledge/tire-care-maintenance/retorquing-wheels

961 - 968 of 968 Posts