Elantra Sport Forum banner

961 - 980 of 995 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Even before I mounted the lip spoiler, I was able to set it in place and it was flush. I'm assuming you're using adhesion promoter/primer as well?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Even before I mounted the lip spoiler, I was able to set it in place and it was flush. I'm assuming you're using adhesion promoter/primer as well?
The one you got from the same seller I bought my door covers from, they're from Korea. Perhaps the other ones I've seen on eGay that are priced less, come from China? Maybe there is a difference in quality...

·
Registered
374 Posts
I’ve somehow lost two lugnuts in the last 2 years. 2 years when I switched to my winters, I noticed the first missing nut, very annoying because they’re the skinny gorilla nuts and I had to order a whole new set. This morning, another one was just gone, replaced with one from my first set. I torque them to 90 lb-ft with a torque wrench but they still managed to work free.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Not a wise assumption. I went with some 3M primer 94 this time around. I think you’re right, the adhesive was releasing from the spoiler, not the car.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
310 Posts
I’ve somehow lost two lugnuts in the last 2 years. 2 years when I switched to my winters, I noticed the first missing nut, very annoying because they’re the skinny gorilla nuts and I had to order a whole new set. This morning, another one was just gone, replaced with one from my first set. I torque them to 90 lb-ft with a torque wrench but they still managed to work free.
Did you re-torque them after 50km or so of driving? https://www.continental-tires.com/car/tire-knowledge/tire-care-maintenance/retorquing-wheels

·
Registered
Hyundai elantra SR 2017
7 Posts
Does anyone know why there's a sucking/grinding noise coming from the air intake? Mainly when going slow.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Does anyone know why there's a sucking/grinding noise coming from the air intake? Mainly when going slow.
Don't know about grinding but the sucking sound is completely normal. Welcome to turbocharged cars.

·
Registered
Hyundai elantra SR 2017
7 Posts
Yea I managed to do some research and found that it's normal it's pretty bad when at around 2500rpm the sucking noise sounds like a tyre grinding from the inside of the car which I'm not liking very much.
I'm trying to get use to it but thinking of going back to the stock one.

I wonder if there's any type of sound barrier that you can put around the intake pipe to block out the noise of it.

I do like the sound that comes out of the intake when you take your foot off the accelerator though.

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai ES ‘Drift Stitch Boi”
20 Posts
Can anyone sell me a ES headlight? Or do y’all think I should buy a lends and heat gun it?

·
Registered
2018 Elantra Sport 6MT Electric Blue
76 Posts
I bought one of those amazon center console organizer things but I haven't put it in yet lol

961 - 980 of 995 Posts