Elantra Sport Forum banner
1001 - 1020 of 1038 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai elantra SR 2017
21 Posts
I'm assuming you mean kW? Seems really low for HP. Should dyno ~170's stock.
Sorry yes I mean KW I'm a newbie at all this.
You seem to know alot about our Elantra Sports, what are your views on Wastegates vs BOV's? Which would you go with?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Sorry yes I mean KW I'm a newbie at all this.
You seem to know alot about our Elantra Sports, what are your views on Wastegates vs BOV's? Which would you go with?
Wastegate solenoid?

·
Registered
Hyundai elantra SR 2017
21 Posts
Well the Pierburg solenoid is far superior to the stock unit that fails easily and doesn't like heat, creating surge in the boost levels.
Do you have the part number for the one you have?
Also the part number for the blow off valve you got please?
Is it worth getting a catch can aswell?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Do you have the part number for the one you have?
Also the part number for the blow off valve you got please?
GFB T9111
Is it worth getting a catch can aswell?
Yes

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
A few dyno runs to check power levels and confirm that the turbo is losing efficiency. 83k hard miles on it, tuned for 21+psi but only getting ~18. All good, got some plans for that...

·
Registered
Hyundai elantra SR 2017
21 Posts
A few dyno runs to check power levels and confirm that the turbo is losing efficiency. 83k hard miles on it, tuned for 21+psi but only getting ~18. All good, got some plans for that...

Do you have a photo of your dyno tune results you can post up?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Had my OEM Hyundai bug guard and window guards installed. Also couldn't resist on the center console organizer and got my cup holder hero rubber inserts. They had a few color options but I chose the blue to shake things up and think they match the outside color pretty well

·
Registered
121 Posts

Added my quarter window louvers.. Love the look of carbon fiber. Purchased from amazon for about $35 shipping from Korea took 2 weeks though. Im not a patient person, lol. Felt I needed to get these because the OEM rain guards end at the passenger window.. Highly recommend these for an inexpensive visual mod.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Put the N badge on the fenders.. Love the look. I figured my car after the mods I currently purchased are installed I should have near the same HP as an N and i think this car was the catalyst for the N model so whatever. My car my opinions...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Boomba Racing also sells an adapter that goes on the transmission that shortens the shifts. Probably easier than replacing the shift lever.
This is the one that goes in the engine bay correct? Its there transmission short shifter? I had asked they said it might fit but seen this post so I’m assuming it works on our sports too.

1001 - 1020 of 1038 Posts