Elantra Sport Forum banner
1021 - 1038 of 1038 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
This is the one that goes in the engine bay correct? Its there transmission short shifter? I had asked they said it might fit but seen this post so I’m assuming it works on our sports too.
It'll work on any 1.6T with the 6MT from the last few years. All the same.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Quick wash, running errands, K&N drop-in, then ran into this one! Only see another one about once a month or so where I am in North Texas, so I always get excited. Looks stock.
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Been a long weekend. Turbo swap, camber arms installed, added another resonator to the exhaust, new BOV, torque rod, and fresh fluid in the trans.

Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system

Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Rim

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
329 Posts
Did you upgrade your turbo, or just replace it?

Either way, you've definitely invested a lot in your ES @R1600Turbo !

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Did you upgrade your turbo, or just replace it?
Slightly larger K03 from a 1st generation Veloster with upgraded center section. (better bearings, more/taller fins) Not a huge power bump (maybe 250whp) but the power curve is nicer, right now it's peaking 22psi at 3500 and holding 20psi to redline. Stock ES turbo falls off way more than that.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Slightly larger K03 from a 1st generation Veloster with upgraded center section. (better bearings, more/taller fins) Not a huge power bump (maybe 250whp) but the power curve is nicer, right now it's peaking 22psi at 3500 and holding 20psi to redline. Stock ES turbo falls off way more than that.
That's kind of strange that is basically the same as my stock turbo. You should be getting 280 to 300 wheel horsepower with the K03

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
That's kind of strange that is basically the same as my stock turbo. You should be getting 280 to 300 wheel horsepower with the K03
With a stuffed K03, maybe. Not a standard one with better bearings and larger fins. If I make ~250whp on 91 I'm fine with that, it's not about the power numbers for me anyway. The power curve is WAY better than the stock ES turbo. We just started tuning though, it will be a couple weeks before we get it to where it's perfect, and that will likely include increasing the boost numbers to 23/24. Then when I get back from a long road trip we'll tune for E30 and make another 10-20whp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quick wash, running errands, K&N drop-in, then ran into this one! Only see another one about once a month or so where I am in North Texas, so I always get excited. Looks stock. View attachment 18007
yo how'd you get that red stripe on your diffuser, I love the look. personally i think some sort of black trunk lip would really tie your car together, I have a silver sport as well and it completes the car very well imo

·
Registered
66 Posts
1021 - 1038 of 1038 Posts