Elantra Sport Forum banner
1041 - 1050 of 1050 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
How did you do the calipers?
Listen carefully,... People in this forum and Facebook hate Caliper covers.... I absolutely freaking love them... I am a clean freak, I hate looking at dirty grimy break dust and calipers and wheels. My solution is to cover them.. I don't need a $1500 big break kit, stock brakes work plenty... Those who do spend that power to you.. I had these made from MGP in the powder coated Yellow and laser engraving with the Hyundai logo... Get compliments all the time and for the people that say they're ricer, go pound sand.. Mark from SXTH element said and I quote" You're car is the cleanest Elantra Sport we've ever worked on" I take that as a compliment and shows my dedication to the brand... I don't care how many things you do to your car if you don't take care of it what is it all for...? I'm religious with my cleaning methods and my car is 5 years old next month... I'm retired at 42 and spend the majority of what sanity I have left on planning and execution. Sorry for the essay, if you want more info or pics on them DM me .

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Hit the dyno this morning. Not quite what I was expecting but the car feels good so I'll take that nice increase in the top end. Just a couple more things to take care of and she's ready for an 8 day road trip with a track day in the middle.

Sleeve Font Parallel Pattern Rectangle

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hit the dyno this morning. Not quite what I was expecting but the car feels good so I'll take that nice increase in the top end. Just a couple more things to take care of and she's ready for an 8 day road trip with a track day in the middle.

View attachment 18041

View attachment 18041
Very surprised by these numbers, my car made 221hp and 270 ft pounds on the stock turbo. I have the Dyno image of 217 and 267 at the wheels. The hp number is decent but what's with the low torque number? My exhaust is stock except for the SXTH downpipe and I know you have a different one. Could that be it?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Very surprised by these numbers, my car made 221hp and 270 ft pounds on the stock turbo. I have the Dyno image of 217 and 267 at the wheels. The hp number is decent but what's with the low torque number? My exhaust is stock except for the SXTH downpipe and I know you have a different one. Could that be it?
Different type of dyno. Per a google search, this one tends to read a bit low.

1041 - 1050 of 1050 Posts