Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20-30 %

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • over 35%

Votes: 5 27.8%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know if you had to use legal tint, you had not much of a choice, but they don't check in Florida, so I am thinking of going with 20% all around. 15% looks better, especially on a white car, but it's harder to see at night out of that dark.

Registered
I鈥檓 willing to bet a large portion of people will fall into the 20-30%. To have a better understanding of who has what in a poll, it would have been nice if the darker tint categories were broken up into smaller segments.

20% looks killer on any car, but it isn鈥檛 for everyone considering the ability to see through the tint at night.

30% looks okay for those that want to go dark without drawing too much attention with LEO鈥檚.

I have 30% Llumar CTX (ceramic film). Considering the fact above, I鈥檓 grouped in with those that have the 20% tint which is a world of difference with the ability to see through it at night.

Here鈥檚 a sweet video for those out there looking into tint and the factors with night visibility. I sure wish he had an example with the 30% tint...still cool though.

Registered
35% front windows, 20% for everything backwards of them and a 20% banner across the top of the windshield. looks mint, lots of privacy and the 20% does a great job at keeping the sun off the kid.

Also what I just described is maximum legal level in my state in Aus - except that the banner on the windshield can actually be non see thru at all.

Registered
20% all around... Nothing on the windshield yet, but might Tint to the legal limit. In Ontario we can only apply a band of Tint on the top 1/3rd of the glass.

Registered
I went with NC legal. 35 madico all the way around. Dark enough for me and doesn鈥檛 give cops a reason to hit me with something if I get pulled over for whatever reason.

Attachments

Registered
I may tint mine sometime soon. No idea how dark I'll go in the back, and I might not even do the front at all. To be legal in NB, at least 70% of light has to be able to pass through the front 2, I don't think I'm allowed to have anything on the windshield, but I could paint the rear windows black if I wanted to and it would still be legal.

Registered
I just purchased my 18 sport here in SW Florida. And the dealership is throwing in free 20% tent all around. Plus the windshield strip. VERY important to tent your vehicle here in Florida. Mostly with these awesome leather seats lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.