Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your real world milage? Don't forget to include details like driving style, what gas ron, aftermarket bits, etc.

Coming up on my first tank of gas. So I'm not ready to post my real world mileage yet.
I'm doing a "don't drive the same rpm" and "keep it between 2-4k rpm" and "don't put the engine under really heavy load" break in.
My first fillup was with 91.
What is our gas tank size?

·
Registered
263 Posts
What is your real world milage? Don't forget to include details like driving style, what gas ron, aftermarket bits, etc.

Coming up on my first tank of gas. So I'm not ready to post my real world mileage yet.
I'm doing a "don't drive the same rpm" and "keep it between 2-4k rpm" and "don't put the engine under really heavy load" break in.
My first fillup was with 91.
What is our gas tank size?
I think the manual says it's like 14.5 gallons but even from Empty I haven't been able to put more than 13 in it...

I'm averaging 30mpg mixed city and highway... About 375 miles per tank...on highway only I've averaged around 36mpg...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I noticed the boost really kills MPG.

6 MT, Stock. 87 Octane.

Without aggressive driving (Shifting below 3k rpm), I'm averaging 33mpg ~ 35mpg.
Drove 150 mile trip, average at 80mph, I got 29 mpg.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Picked up the car on Sunday and in two days of driving that includes mostly cruising speeds of 50-70mph and some minor in-town errands, meter in the car currently says 36.7mpg. Base 6MT. No idea what the dealer put in the tank, probably 87.

·
Super Moderator
1,160 Posts
I do about 80% sedate driving and 20% spirited. I'm averaging 30 - 31 mpg between city and highway, and most of my trips are under 5 miles. I use 93 octane, no performance mods yet.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I just added the car to my fuelly account, so I will be tracking it every fill up.

Here's where I ended up with my Forte Koup EX:

Koup (Kia Forte Koup) | Fuelly

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My first fill up:
44 litres with 460 kms on 91 pump "doing break in" driving (on the gas-off the gas-on the gas-off the gas...).
My next tank will be 87 octane also on "break in" driving.
9.5 L/100kms
24.8 miles/gallon

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I first purchased the car I was getting around 9 - 9.5L/ 100km. Now that I'm passed the break in period, I've gotten it down to 7 - 7.5L/ 100km. With that being said I put it in sport mode at least once every time I drive it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I did a 150 mile highway trip two weekends ago and averaged 39 mpg. I'm getting 32 mpg currently with a 5 mile commute daily and a ~40 mile highway drive on the weekends, so that's about 50/50 city/highway average. I'm pleased so far, but I haven't done the actual calcs when filling the tank... Hopefully the displayed mpg is only off 1-2 mpg.

edit: DCT

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Well I would have had a number to post here tonight, but the gas station I stopped at was having issues with their pumps and they kept stopping. Because of that I didn't know exactly when the tank was full so I stopped at 9 gallons and left. I plan on topping it off tomorrow, then starting my weekly fuelly updates.

The meter in the car read high 36's, low 37's all week though.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I first purchased the car I was getting around 9 - 9.5L/ 100km. Now that I'm passed the break in period, I've gotten it down to 7 - 7.5L/ 100km. With that being said I put it in sport mode at least once every time I drive it.
Sport mode is for DCT only?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Almost 2,000 miles on the car now. DCT transmission with both city/highway driving. Been averaging 32-33 mpg with normal driving on 87 octane.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This tank was 30.4 mpg. Dash display said 31.7. I just did a 200 mile highway trip yesterday cruising at 75, so when I fill up this time it should be a more realistic highway mpg. (Car says 35 or 36)

·
Registered
45 Posts
This tank was 30.4 mpg. Dash display said 31.7. I just did a 200 mile highway trip yesterday cruising at 75, so when I fill up this time it should be a more realistic highway mpg. (Car says 35 or 36)
So you had a ~1.3mpg difference between calculated and the dash display, so that's not bad. I'll check mine in a couple weeks when I fill up - I'll be pleased if I have a similar discrepancy between the two.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think realistic mpg for this car based on what people are getting is more like 26city/35 highway.
I don't take EPA ratings for ****. In the mazdaspeed community they were rated at like 19/25 and on my 200 mile trek home from the dealer i had 32mpg. So I never really take those ratings except for a rough guideline.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Just had my first real fill-up tonight. 353.2 miles / 10.284 gallons = 34.3mpg.

Way better than I thought I would get. Happy with that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So you had a ~1.3mpg difference between calculated and the dash display, so that's not bad. I'll check mine in a couple weeks when I fill up - I'll be pleased if I have a similar discrepancy between the two.
Yeah this time it was closer. 326 miles on 10.04 gals, is 32.4mpg. Dash display said 32.7. So not bad.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Filled up again this morning. Used a lot of fuel going up the mountain yesterday, but coming back down was all coasting (no fuel used) so I think that helped keep this tank in the 30's.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 157 Posts