Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ES owners,

I contacted my dealership to see what I can and can not do to my car in regards to modifications. Long story short they pretty much said I can do whatever I want (?). Tuning, Bolt ons, ect. without hurting my warranty. I had either a few questions/red flags I was hoping you guys can answer/give feed back

1. If my motor goes can they just say it was because of the tune that I am looking at from LAP3? He said they are not looking for reasons to make me pay out of pocket (Its one of the top Hyundai dealerships with both sales/deals)

2. Is any parts from SXTH under warranty? I know dealerships will not pay for the broken part

3. If 1 & 2 are not a problem, what do you guys think - other then a tune - that I should put on first to get the most gains for my buck?

4. Has anyone got more information of the HKS BOV warning light that comes on? (I know BOV's dont make gains but it sounds nice lol)

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I contacted my dealership to see what I can and can not do to my car in regards to modifications.
Rule #1 when it comes to modifications: don't do that.

1. If my motor goes can they just say it was because of the tune that I am looking at from LAP3?
They can. Especially Hyundai when they submit the claim.

2. Is any parts from SXTH under warranty? I know dealerships will not pay for the broken part
If you are asking if they will replace a SXTH part if it fails, the answer is no.

3. If 1 & 2 are not a problem, what do you guys think - other then a tune - that I should put on first to get the most gains for my buck?
Intake, downpipe, muffler delete, tune. Just keep in mine the stock ECU has power limiters so without the tune you won't see many gains.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts