Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I'm getting a LAP3 tune, do I need to upgrade either the BOV or wastegate solenoid? When are they necessary?

Also, is there any benefit to upgrading the BOV besides sound?

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Wastegate is recommended, the stock ones have been known to fail in extreme heat. BTR has them available. BOV solenoid is really up to you.

I just installed a GFB BOV (recirculated) and the throttle response improvement between shifts was great. Noticed it right away. Recommended for that alone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wastegate is recommended, the stock ones have been known to fail in extreme heat. BTR has them available. BOV solenoid is really up to you.

I just installed a GFB BOV (recirculated) and the throttle response improvement between shifts was great. Noticed it right away. Recommended for that alone.
Did you go with the recirculated setup to reduce the volume of the sound or is there another reason? I heard your car on some youtube videos and I think its the intake that sounds super loud at WOT. Is that the SXTH intake you have?

·
Registered
24 Posts

I installed the AFE module 3 weeks ago, the wastegate solenoid will be my next upgrade. the stock one reach is limit few time.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Did you go with the recirculated setup to reduce the volume of the sound or is there another reason? I heard your car on some youtube videos and I think its the intake that sounds super loud at WOT. Is that the SXTH intake you have?
I am using the stock intake right now with a K&N filter while I wait for the new SXTH intake box to come out. Most of my newer videos on YouTube are with an external microphone that I have placed on the trunk next to the license plate. The "whoosh" sound you hear is jet noise from the exhaust.

I went recirculated because I must be getting old, a loud BOV is not my cup of tea anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts