Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to go from stock 18x7.5 to 18x8 and 225/40/18 to 245/40/18 I like a little wider tire and a wider stance but don’t want to overdue it and risk handling and acceleration
Wonder the offset to go for to achieve the wider stance I’m looking for

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
18x8 +45 245/40

Reactions: Petabytes

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
You're pretty low in this pic. Did you have to roll the fenders or remove any liners?
Front liners were trimmed slightly, I used to be lower and rubbed on them a lot. I raised it to this position and added a bunch of camber and haven't rubbed since.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nice! I’ve got a set of Storm lowering springs sitting here I’m still wavering on installing. With 18x8 235/40 it looks like it might be pretty tight. I’ve got about 2 fingers gap in the front and just shy of in the back. I’ve rubbed a few times on aggressive turns on the stock suspension already, and then there’s Calgary shitty roads and winters. I’d move to 225’s in the winter but still a little gun shy on it. I REALLY wanna just do it though.

Op: sorry for the hijack, I’ve got a 45mm offset on 235/40 and it’s pretty much flush front and back if that helps.

You're pretty low in this pic. Did you have to roll the fenders or remove any liners?
Front liners were trimmed slightly, I used to be lower and rubbed on them a lot. I raised it to this position and added a bunch of camber and haven't rubbed since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts