Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2018 Elantra Sport for 3 months now and as much as I look, I've only seen ONE other Sport on the road in that whole time! I live in Pennsylvania in the Philadelphia area and see lots of other Elantras.... but no Sports. What's the deal? Is this car the best kept secret around??

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I've had my 2018 Elantra Sport for 3 months now and as much as I look, I've only seen ONE other Sport on the road in that whole time! I live in Pennsylvania in the Philadelphia area and see lots of other Elantras.... but no Sports. What's the deal? Is this car the best kept secret around??
Not a lot of people buying them I would say. It's more of a special vehicle, Hyundai doesn't pump out as many as the regular Elantras. That's a good thing in my opinion. :cool:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yea i have also been watching for two months and have not seen one other sport. 100 s of reg elantras but no sports i think ppl just dont care for the sport? Or not know what it is my co worker went and laid out 30 k on the elantra limited package instead of the sport lol each to their own i guess i love my sport

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't have that experience at all, I have seen 3 or 4 of them in my neighborhood aside from the 1 In the same underground parking complex as me, probably seen 2 or 3 on the road. Hamilton/Burlington area for reference

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have seen at least 6 different in the Hamilton area!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I see them quite frequently here in the GTA, just passed another white ES on my way to work today. I see the guys in Hamilton have seen them around too. Maybe we like them more in Canada? :)

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Same thing in Jacksonville, FL. I've had mine a month and have yet to see another Elantra Sport on the road. In my opinion, people don't know what they are missing.
I'm also guessing that the production numbers on this car are not nearly as much as you'd think. Just not a ton of them sitting on lots.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I see them more often than the new Civic Si in Guelph/Kitchener area, usually one or two every day. I guess Canadians like Hyundai just a little more than you guys in the states.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm also guessing that the production numbers on this car are not nearly as much as you'd think. Just not a ton of them sitting on lots.
I 2nd that! I have had mine for 1 year and only seen 1 other around in my area of Fl. A few on lot where i got mine at and never saw 1 at the dealer closest to me. I can agree with you when you say its a special car. I love mine. Almost 12k on her and know shes rare makes me smile everyday.

To Venom88: My wife's Elantra Tech cost more than my ES. What a shame....It makes her mad too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same thing up in Maine. I have only seen one other when I was out driving around. Although, the dealer I leased mine from indicated that they can't keep them on the lot when they do come in. They have had people on a waiting list come up from significant distances to grab them, sometimes right off the truck before they get put on the lot...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same thing up in Maine. I have only seen one other when I was out driving around. Although, the dealer I leased mine from indicated that they can't keep them on the lot when they do come in. They have had people on a waiting list come up from significant distances to grab them, sometimes right off the truck before they get put on the lot...
My dealer said the same thing, not many left around especially in manual. Ive only seen 2 since Ive gotten mine lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
I see them more often than the new Civic Si in Guelph/Kitchener area, usually one or two every day. I guess Canadians like Hyundai just a little more than you guys in the states.

I am in Dallas Texas and I have only seen one more ES...... which was that metallic charcoal grey color ??!! but he was driving on the very opposite lane on the interstate

Other than that I have seen alot of elantras and alot of stares from other regular elantra owners

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nyc area and I’ve seen about 3 aside from mine since they were released. Local dealers dont hav any as well. Had to drive for about an hour upstate to find the only one. Crazy because I’ve had a lot of people ask me what car is it and that its beautiful.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've never seen another around Metro Detroit, even though a guy that lives pretty close to me bought one at the same time I did.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.