Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aftermarket that is, for us that don't have the premium package. I am looking at getting one from Best Buy especially if I don't have to use another fob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am putting one in right now. I am using a Compustar 7200, ADS Blade AL, setup to press lock 3 times to start. Later I will put in compustar's drone mobile so I can use my phone.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just put in a Compustar 7200 remote start with a ADS Blade AL module. Setup to press lock 3 times to start, no extra key fob needed.
Hi GTF,

Can you please share what exactly you bought, perhaps a link? This sounds great!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks GTF!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anybody have the hyundai kit installed post purchase? Also, is it hidden or does it protrude out from the electrical panel or something? That's one of the things I didn't like about viper systems. I have seen cars where they were drilled into for the install and you could tell it was there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had my dealer install the Hyundai kit when I bought my ES. I haven't seen the kit. I'll crack the hood open today if it ever stops raining and take a picture of it if I can find it. I have no idea what they did to install it. It does use its own fob, and can use the factory one. The only thing I've found using the factory one, is that the range doesn't seem to be all that good. With my Santa Fe, the factory fob was able to start my car through an external brick wall, with the car some 100ft or so from me when I was at work. On this one, the factory one can do it from 70 or 80ft, but not through a wall with that kind of range. I wonder if the extra fob will improve that range?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi guys, first post. Had to join to ask about your factory install. This works for push to start, key less vehicles? I was looking at getting the Fortin remote kit before I saw this post.
All ES'es are push to start keyless. I think the Hyundai one is for the DCT models only though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Had first real need to use my starter from a distance last night. I was, I would guess about 100ft from the car. No direct line of sight as such, but only trees were blocking my view and I used it outdoors. My Santa Fe factory fob would have no trouble with this, and would even start through brick walls at this distance. So, it didn't start the car. It works fine at home because I'm pretty close to the car I guess, but not at work where I'm a little further away from it. Going to try the fob that came with the starter when I leave work today. I expect much better things, and the great thing about it, is that it gives feedback - you know when your car has started. The remote starter fob is pretty small, one button, not like the typical thick, four button starter fobs that often come with third party starters. Here's a pic showing both together. It's about as thick as the chrome part of the factory fob.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
All ES'es are push to start keyless. I think the Hyundai one is for the DCT models only though.
Thanks for the reply. I know they are all push to start, which lead me to asking my question. Here is the installation guide for the part number provided for the remote start. It says in big bold red font it is for key start vehicles only.
https://www.hyundaiaccessories.com/...tionSheets/f3f57_ac500.pdf?cts=20181207121333Installation Guide

Just want to make sure it is confirmed to work for our push to start, DCT vehicles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would double check with the dealer. There are a couple of possibilities - wrong product or badly written manual seem most likely. I know when I've looked at other cars on Hyundai's web site (actually maybe it was Kia), they had separate products for push to start and regular keyed ignition vehicles.

Edit: Just went back on Hyundai's web site, definitely a different system for keyed and push to start.

R.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.