Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddy has a set of 16" steelies from his 2008 Scion xB and he's giving them to me but I wanna know has anyone tried to run this on our car:confused:

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Depends on the steelie. Some will, some won't. If you can test fit them wouldn't hurt to try.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have 16 inch steeles. I got them on when the car was 3 months old. So the brake pads were at their fattest. With this, the caliper was about 2 mm from the inside of the rim.

I know a few others with 16's. They all fit. But, like R1600, said, it depends on the steelie...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We will test fit them soon and I hope they fit, not only does this save me some money but also will allow for a more narrow tire, thus making it even better in the snow, plus saves a bit more money due to 16's being cheaper than 17's and 18's. I know this, still getting Blizzak WS80's, possibly Nokians.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OEM 16" will fit

Thank you! I will see if these Toyota/Scion xB steelies fit and I really hope so because like I said earlier, it will save me money from having to buy new steelies, then I can splurge on Nokian winter tires:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts