Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Definetly want to get an cold air intake for my es but i was also thinkin about a full system magnaflow exhaust. I dont think an exhaust will really give any power but my dad thinks otherwise. I have a honda 4 wheeler that i got brand new so we put a full system on that and actually made a notice difference in power so idk if its worth the money if im not gonna get power. The stock exhaust on the es sounds great anyway. Let me kno what you guys think.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
There are no true cold air systems for the car yet, only short ram intakes. That is good for a nice jump in power when you combine it with the intercooler resonator delete pipe. As far as the exhaust, I have no idea if Magnaflow is even working on a setup. A full downpipe back exhaust will in fact make a good amount of power, especially when you combine it with a tune.

Right now your only choices for intake/exhaust parts are Tork Motorsports and SXTH Element Engineering. Pierce Motorsport also has a muffler delete pipe.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cold Air Intake is a bit useless on a turbo car vs. Short Ram Intake. The few degrees that the air will increase are dwarfed by the heat added in compression and removed by the intercooler.
An open pipe from the downpipe back (all elements deleted besides the downpipe cat) can add up to 20hp at the wheels. Intake and IC Res Delete can add about 10-15hp at the wheels.

If you don't care how loud your exhaust is, get the 3" dump exhaust from Tork. $150ish for the amount of power you get is amazing.

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
845 Motorsports is working on some parts now, too. So, hopefully we'll see some offerings from them in the near future.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'll have our downpipe and cat-back exhaust on the dyno this week to show you guys the power increase. Hopefully this setup is still under the factory limiters.

Downpipe will dyno first, then we'll add the full cat-back to show overall power with a full 3" turboback exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts