Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this Windbooster 3s for our car from an Australian dealer Diesel Chip Tuning for $270au delivered.
This thing just made the car crazy. My sweet spot is the Sport+/9 mode cause Race is just too much! Its like a mad dog thats desperate to be released!
I tried it on without the AFE and found it to be so responsive and nuts like instant tap on our cars stock power. I would actually say put this on first before any other mods if you are using the car daily as I do cause its enough to bring a smile on. Its takes away that lag and serves you our cars stock power fast. For real ey.

Needless to say its super sweet with it on my car with AFE Scorcher GT, JunBL Axle Back SS, Tork Electronic Boost Control Solenoid and I use stock airbox with K&N panel filter during summer and use the Torcon pipe with K&N pod or Tork Super Shorty TMS with K&N pod during winter. My Bridgestone tires are getting a workout and its now so addictive to just floor it which I will have to readjust for daily driving.
Car is now good. Looking to probably do brake upgrades but stock works fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Am I reading right that you are using this item WITH an AFE Scorcher at the same time?

Ticking time bomb if so.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please help me know why so I can understand cause I'm no expert.
I did test the lean and rich readings without AFE and with AFE. The computer is adjusting fine going rich at 12 to 13 when pulling hard and leaning at 15 -16 and most time going middle at 14.7. There's no indication of abnormal leaning or rich during daily drives.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Please help me know why so I can understand cause I'm no expert.
I did test the lean and rich readings without AFE and with AFE. The computer is adjusting fine going rich at 12 to 13 when pulling hard and leaning at 15 -16 and most time going middle at 14.7. There's no indication of abnormal leaning or rich during daily drives.
You're fine. The throttle pedal tuning boxes only change throttle response, they don't affect anything your AFE is doing with the engine.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I'd rather use hard parts to improve throttle response (FMIC, BOV, etc) than use a device which may or may not actually be working as stated. To each their own.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Air/fuels in the 12 and 13s are dangerously lean under boost. You are going to hurt that engine very soon.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It also goes to 10 as well. What do you get on yours? Or what does everyone get for that matter?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fair enough but the this throttle controller I got does do it's job for what it is. So yes this is also an option for others as alternative to changing hardware parts in the engine relating to throttle response.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I dont own one currently (still weighing options) but my turbo mustang runs 11.4 to 11.5 sustained wide open. Of course id be more comfortable with high 10s but thats just me, id rather have that margin for error.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts