Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

I just purchased my 2018 ES back in September. I've been looking to tint my windows but don't know of a good shop around me. There's a few with really good ratings but wanted to check here and see if there's anyone around me that's gotten them done!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry I cant help you there, but hello fellow triangle resident. I've only seen a few of our cars on the road after having mine for over a year. The last time was downtown Raleigh in the warehouse district I crossed the street in front of it and had to do a double take to recognize the car lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I cant help you there, but hello fellow triangle resident. I've only seen a few of our cars on the road after having mine for over a year. The last time was downtown Raleigh in the warehouse district I crossed the street in front of it and had to do a double take to recognize the car lol.
Haha I'm in RTP and there's a silver ES in the parking lot of the building next to mine at work. They have a silver one and I mine's the electric blue.

Anyways, it's a really fun car to drive, just hate sitting in commuter traffic at 5 :mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Haha I'm in RTP and there's a silver ES in the parking lot of the building next to mine at work. They have a silver one and I mine's the electric blue.

Anyways, it's a really fun car to drive, just hate sitting in commuter traffic at 5 :mad:
Yeah that sucks whenever I am driving that way after work, I live in person county actually but work in Durham so I do not have to deal with traffic all that much which is nice. When the fair was around it took two hours to get there from the north part of Durham county after picking up some friends. Traffic sucks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that sucks whenever I am driving that way after work, I live in person county actually but work in Durham so I do not have to deal with traffic all that much which is nice. When the fair was around it took two hours to get there from the north part of Durham county after picking up some friends. Traffic sucks!
Yeah I live in Johnston County and have to take 40 home and it's normally 40 minutes, but during commuter time, it's like 1 hr and 15 min to 1 hr and 30 min.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don’t live in NC so I can’t help you with tint shop recommendations.

What I will say is by looking at Yelp and Google reviews you can get a gauge for the workmanship of a shop. Tinting is an art and it does take time so patience of the installer is key. Give some of the shops a call, let them know that you’re looking to get your ES tinted and allow them to explain their process and products as well as what sets them apart from other shops.

Then you take a leap of faith then sit back and enjoy the results.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t live in NC so I can’t help you with tint shop recommendations.

What I will say is by looking at Yelp and Google reviews you can get a gauge for the workmanship of a shop. Tinting is an art and it does take time so patience of the installer is key. Give some of the shops a call, let them know that you’re looking to get your ES tinted and allow them to explain their process and products as well as what sets them apart from other shops.

Then you take a leap of faith then sit back and enjoy the results.
I actually just reached out to a shop I saw on Yelp for a quote. They just sent me an email reply as I clicked to reply to this. I'll look around and take that leap! Thanks :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.