Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my '18 for about 3k miles. This week, the washers behaved as if the washer fluid reservoir was empty. I went to fill it, but it only took a couple of cups. I can hear the pump running, but nothing is coming out. I searched, but haven't seen anyone post quite like this. Thoughts?

Edit: Added pic of reservoir. Can't recall if this looks normal, but seems odd

·
Registered
167 Posts
The hoses or nozzles may be clogged. There's a robber hose from the pump to the nozzles. If neither nozzle is sprayi g then it's clogged before or after the pump. Disconnect the hose at the pump the see if it's clogged. If it sprays then keep checking up. Easy but tedious

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The hoses or nozzles may be clogged. There's a robber hose from the pump to the nozzles. If neither nozzle is sprayi g then it's clogged before or after the pump. Disconnect the hose at the pump the see if it's clogged. If it sprays then keep checking up. Easy but tedious
The nozzles spray a tiny amount when I first pull the stalk, but then stop. Again, pump running the whole time it's pulled. Any idea how to access the line once it goes under the cowl?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had this issue for a while. I think it may have been an issue with two different types of washer fluid(Rain X and whatever the dealer used to top up the reservoir) mixing and clogging things up. I flushed out everything that was in the reservoir, ran a bunch of water through the sprayers and then put some vinegar in and let it sit for a bit and then ran that through the sprayers. They've been back to working mostly normally since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts