Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, long time lurker, had my ES last July and i love it! now i need to get some winter tires.. Anyone to advise on any issue with 225/50R17 Goodyear Ultragrips ? also on Factory OEM Sonata 2012 rims. Tried to do some googling ( i'm no sleuth) but i assume the rims are a 6.5 width and a 46 offset. Any info you experts can help guide me with would be great :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
225/50R17 will throw your speedo off by 3% so be careful with running a tire of that size.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just installed the new generation Nexen Winguard Sport 2 for about 3 weeks. It's quiet, fast and impressive wet performance. Good for HWY as it's V speed rating and for high performance. Still waiting for real snowfall for the coming weeks. Also low budget and made in Korea

Mine set is 225/45/17 on 17x7 45 offset. Just a little space left to touch the interior wheel well. So guess it might be touch risk if it's 50 sidewall with 17" but not sure.

You can go to this online calculator for a look Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.