Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What things do you wish your ES had? (Limit 3)

1) Limited slip differential

2) N level performance (271 hp, bigger brakes, etc)

3) Auto up and down on all windows (I personally love that feature)

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Can't really say I would like it to have more. Maybe a limited slip, but I've been fine so far without it. I don't even wish N level performance on it as it would have put it out of my price range. 1 year and 23k miles down, still enjoy it just as much as day 1.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Has plenty of power for a solid daily driver. Handles well enough to where I only want to do a sway bar. I will be lowering it with some meccatune springs but not for a while.

Can’t say I wish it had any more. It’s the nicest car I’ve owned with more options than I’ll probably ever use. It’ll be with me for the long haul.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't really say I would like it to have more. Maybe a limited slip, but I've been fine so far without it. I don't even wish N level performance on it as it would have put it out of my price range. 1 year and 23k miles down, still enjoy it just as much as day 1.
Would be nice to have the option of the N level performance. Doesn't need to be standard.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Would be nice to have the option of the N level performance. Doesn't need to be standard.
Why would they cut into their N line profits for that though?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dang, I need to drive more! Almost a year old and about to hit 9k. I would like a spoiler on my car? Fine with everything about my Sport. Faster would make it more expensive, so N level= No Bueno.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm fine with the power and also don't need LSD. I have had 2 Civic Si cars and both had mechanical LSD and I don't think I noticed - maybe I just don't drive them like some of you.

1) The safety tech from the Elantra Ultimate - LKAS, SCC, auto high beams, etc.

2) Power seats with at least 10 way adjustment including lumbar.

3) The fuel economy of Honda's 1.5T

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm fine with the power and also don't need LSD. I have had 2 Civic Si cars and both had mechanical LSD and I don't think I noticed - maybe I just don't drive them like some of you.

I would’ve liked adjustable lumbar

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Registered
288 Posts
i would like to have a **** lumber in the first place ...lol
I mean you ain’t lyin about that hahah. Fortunately it’s not a deal breaker for me yet

·
Registered
229 Posts

You actually have a good point here. smart cruise control and auto high beams would be nice as well as better fuel economy. I'm happy if I get over 300/tank but better fuel economy is always nice.

I'd just want to swap for the red interior other countries get and I'm happy as can be.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
um........Na....but i did test drive a blue DCT like yours and kinda kicking myself for not getting the DCT over the manual. I love my manual but i'm not in my 20's anymore.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I'm 33 and wouldn't give up my manual for nothing. Probably never will. If new cars are eventually not available with them anymore, well then I just won't buy any new cars. :cool:

·
Registered
229 Posts
um........Na....but i did test drive a blue DCT like yours and kinda kicking myself for not getting the DCT over the manual. I love my manual but i'm not in my 20's anymore.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
With all the commuting and stop and go traffic I deal with, I appreciate the DCT. It does have its flaws though. For some reason, it can skip gears and mine decided to skip from 6th to 3rd when downshifting tonight.

·
Registered
288 Posts
With all the commuting and stop and go traffic I deal with, I appreciate the DCT. It does have its flaws though. For some reason, it can skip gears and mine decided to skip from 6th to 3rd when downshifting tonight.
DCT does have its quirks but I wouldn’t give it up. After driving a 26k lb box truck for work with a manual for the last 5 or so years it’s lost it’s charm with me. Glad to let the car do the work for me haha.

Reactions: 1freshelantra
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.