Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody else noticed that the tire size specification is wrong on the tire information sticker thats on the driver side door jam? I noticed on my '18 ES today that the tire label states the tire spec is P195/65 @ 36 psi. I am assuming this is for the base model Elantra as the sport model has 225/40 tires.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Has anybody else noticed that the tire size specification is wrong on the tire information sticker thats on the driver side door jam? I noticed on my '18 ES today that the tire label states the tire spec is P195/65 @ 36 psi. I am assuming this is for the base model Elantra as the sport model has 225/40 tires.
Yours may be a factory goof because mine is correct.

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So what is the recommended tire pressure for the 225/40r18 tires then? I cant find a single owners manual reference to this tire size, or even a manual specific to the sport trim no less. Obviously i cant go by my wrong tire sticker. I assume something along the lines of 33 psi?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
So what is the recommended tire pressure for the 225/40r18 tires then? I cant find a single owners manual reference to this tire size, or even a manual specific to the sport trim no less. Obviously i cant go by my wrong tire sticker. I assume something along the lines of 33 psi?
Yep, 33psi.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts