Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been inquiring about a custom air box for the Elantra Sport: "I'm getting my hands on one on 7/7. At that point I'll be able to give you more details on what can be done and costs." Something to look forward to!

·
Super Moderator
1,200 Posts
I didn't know there was someone else in here who talks to those guys on their forum. I was an early adopter for some of their parts on my VT. Had the 3TBS and TXE. These are, without a doubt, some of the best parts on the market for the VT, so I'm sure they'll do the ES proud.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If I am not mistaken the only parts that they will be offering for the ES are those that are cross-compatible with the VT for now as they do not have an ES for development. I've also heard through the grapevine that the 3TBS, XPVS and XWEK will all work with the ES and are all available now.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I am not mistaken the only parts that they will be offering for the ES are those that are cross-compatible with the VT for now as they do not have an ES for development. I've also heard through the grapevine that the 3TBS, XPVS and XWEK will all work with the ES and are all available now.
When I reached out to Xenon about the ES, they referred me to the guy that did the work for them. I've since sent him my factory air box, he should get it tomorrow. No ETA on getting it back, he said he wanted to test its actual performance so I asked him to take his time. I'm using the super shorty big gulp in the interim.

·
Super Moderator
1,200 Posts
The 3TBS will definitely work with the ES - I had one on my VT. The XPVS I just installed on my car last night and it works just fine.

·
Super Moderator
1,200 Posts
It just means they don't have any ready to ship. Contact them at the link at the bottom and you can work out sending yours in to be modified. That's all they do - modify stock airboxes.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was doing my best to send pictures and answer questions, but he finally got his hands on an Elantra Sport himself: "Test fit will be in 2-3 weeks."

I thought their custom airboxes hooked up to the factory intake tube, but he mentioned wanting to do a 3.5" tube from the j-pipe to the custom airbox, and 3.5"-4" inlet from somewhere behind the grille or by the foglight. I guess the resonator by the j-pipe is going away.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Bump.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just heard back, I'd asked what my options were if I wanted more airflow while retaining stock sound, he replied: Pipe from airbox to j pipe will help. Remove/do not install the snorkel pipe on the front will also help. Ram air pipe can be made to replace snorkel pipe to help increase power at speed but would not be noticed on a dyno."

No talk of pricing, I think I'm going to pass and take an L on my air box, but if you're interested, he'll have one ready to mod. PM me for his contact info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts